Thread: Pairity Progress!

Hybrid View

Pairity Progress!

The 2013 CMC rule changes certainly had the desired effect. Even though Ford represents only 45% of the CMC field they have won 66% of the races.

Questions: Can further improvements be made? Can we completely eliminate any wins by those pesky Camaros?

2014 NASA TX CMC Season Stats

27 Different points earning competitors: 12 Ford/15 GM
    24 races: 16 Ford wins/8 GM wins
    11 qualifying sessions: 6 Ford wins/5 GM wins
    12 races gridded on qualifying: 8 Ford wins/4 GM wins
    12 inverted races: 8 Ford wins/4 GM wins
    72 podium positions: 47 Ford/ 25 GM

Overall season points:
    Ford in the top spot
    Ford 4 of the top 5

Dan #82

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Nice info, got any previous season stats on tap?
    It would be fun to switch platforms and compare lap times.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Watch a few videos of straight away speeds and it is pretty evident of the faster car.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Watch a few videos of straight away speeds and it is pretty evident of the faster car.
    Do you have any examples?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Glad I'm rebuilding back into a Mustang, now I'm sure to win!!!!!
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Any car in the class can be fast if you build it right and can drive it to its full potential.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Mathematically, the Fords have a better power to weight ratio. In theory, this was done to compensate for reduced handling/cornering speed and come out with equal lap times. I think the platforms are reasonably close in this aspect.

From a racing perspective, when two cars are equally capable of producing the same lap time, the car with the better power to weight ratio has an advantage in passing and preventing being passed. The difference in CMC is subtle but I’m sure we’ve all experienced more extreme examples of this. You come up on a car with a big motor that you are say two seconds a lap faster than. Getting past is an exercise in frustration. He can take full advantage of his strengths on the straight but when he parks it in the corner, you can’t take advantage of your cornering advantage because he is physically in your way. It takes really exact positional timing to pull it off even though he quickly fades from the rear view mirror once you do pull it off…

Richard P.

James and Richard NAILED it

James P. Watch a few videos of straight away speeds and it is pretty evident of the faster car.

Richard P. Mathematically, the Fords have a better power to weight ratio. In theory, this was done to compensate for reduced handling/cornering speed and come out with equal lap times. I think the platforms are reasonably close in this aspect.

From a racing perspective, when two cars are equally capable of producing the same lap time, the car with the better power to weight ratio has an advantage in passing and preventing being passed. The difference in CMC is subtle but I’m sure we’ve all experienced more extreme examples of this. You come up on a car with a big motor that you are say two seconds a lap faster than. Getting past is an exercise in frustration. He can take full advantage of his strengths on the straight but when he parks it in the corner, you can’t take advantage of your cornering advantage because he is physically in your way. It takes really exact positional timing to pull it off even though he quickly fades from the rear view mirror once you do pull it off..

Been there, done that.
    Dan