Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pairity Progress!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Heck, Dan was in the regional championship hunt up to the very end and it is pretty safe to say he had some of the worst mechanical luck at multiple events this year.
    This is an interesting statement that kind of masks your utter dominance of the season. You missed 20% of the races and still won easily. That means that every one of the races you started counted towards your point total, even the race where you blew up your motor and the ones you did in Dave's substitute car. You won 37% of the races that you started and finished on the podium 74% of the time. Very impressive.

More interesting from a parity aspect: Fully half of the GM wins were in the 20% of the races that you personally didn't run. 63% if you count the races where you weren't driving your own car.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Add weight to the ford and give it better suspension?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Is the sky falling because a Mustang won the regional championship in TX?
    I did notice a Camaro won the Colorado region and a Camaro won the Great Lakes/Midwest region. A Camaro also won the East Coast Nationals.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Is the sky falling because a Mustang won the regional championship in TX?
    I did notice a Camaro won the Colorado region and a Camaro won the Great Lakes/Midwest region. A Camaro also won the East Coast Nationals.
    I count 3 camaros, and 1 ford, sounds like the ford needs the better suspension part, without the weight.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Well now this is the best thread I have seen in I don't know when. Like most threads there is some good stuff and some garbage. I'll call the garbage in this thread anything concerning AI.

I'll start from the top-Tyler makes a good point about past seasons-that data might be on the national site from awhile back where Boudreaux compiled quite a bit of data. Though my question is how has the data changed due to changes in the rules? Also, maybe good to outline the rules that were changed-then when they were changed did a trend change/start? EDIT-I think between 2012/2013 weight was added to the 4th Gen as well as a reduced track width.

Mosty's top lap times-Kind of tough to only take the fastest lap of the whole weekend to really make a point without considering how close the other cars were at a specific track. What is the delta at each track otherwise we may skew the numbers due to the track.

-One point of interest from the data collector Mosty-he only had 1 fast lap prior to 2014-then in 2014 he had fast lap 3 of the 4 events he had his car at? Is that correct?

Richard-psst-I think this guy might be sharp even if he works at NASA-nice point about the skewed data due to Mosty missing some events and his sheer dominance in 2014. Hat tip to Mosty.

Not to take anything away from Mosty as I know I wouldn't win in his hooptie. But it does raise my eyebrow to look at Mosty's dominance this year both in race wins & fast laps compared to years past. But he didn't dominate in 2013? Why? (was there a different mustang that dominated when it ran?)

To heck with data-here is my opinion-I agree that any platform can win and the cars are pretty dang close. I think this is a good exercise to look at the data and see if it's worth considering any change. Certainly difficult due to all the different variables.
    Last edited by BryanL; 12-05-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I chose 2011 because that is as far back as the results go on the Nasa website. For your info #24, the rules were changed for the 4th gens before the 2013 season, not 2011. The two big changes were to add 50 lbs to the platform and reduce the track width advantage the 4th gen has from 2" down to only 1 1/4" advantage over the Fox.

Would we be having this discussion if Burch, Wirtz, and Procter ran a full season in 2014? I think it has also been 5 years since Glenn ran a full season as well.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Mr. Patterson won every single regional race he took the green flag in for 2014 with the exception of the one rain race at TWS... The pointy end of the AI stick is still really damn pointy and I need a car sharpener if I'm going to close the gap.
    I was actually able to read the 8 on the back of Mike's car during one finish.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mosty
    Bottom line, 11 individuals have had the fastest lap in CMC over the last 4 years of racing, for the last 25 events.
    Don't dig it up if it's not already in your data, but do you also have the qual stats and individual race fast lap times?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigning Texas Champ
    Would we be having this discussion if Burch, Wirtz, and Procter ran a full season in 2014? I think it has also been 5 years since Glenn ran a full season as well.
    Yes; we'd be talking about the third gen/LT1 combo.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If the 28 had ran this season this thread would never have been posted. I really used to think the GM cars had an advantage. After seeing Kellam and Aaron win like they did I realized a great driver can win in any good car. If both the Jeffs were still racing I'm guessing we would be bitching about the third gens. I certainly don't think everything is perfect but it's damn close right now. I'm open to listen to ideas. I think we already missed it for 2015 did we not (as far as rules changes are concerned).

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Kinda like Corey renting Morgan's 4th gen and doing really well at Hallett...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...