Thread: 2015 Annual Tech Items

Hybrid View

Huh?
    "With the Fury moving at 15 miles (24 kilometers) per hour, the drive shaft stuck in the pothole as planned, but only the back part of the car lifted off the ground"
    I don't see how 15mph qualifies as an appropriate test case...unless the Fury was a matchbox car maybe?

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I guess it is not necessarily the pole vaulting they are concerned about, more it spearing through the gas tank???
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I guess it is not necessarily the pole vaulting they are concerned about, more it spearing through the gas tank???
    I can't remember what car it was (think it was one of the Mopars), but on that show "R U Faster than a Redneck" I recall a driveshaft exploding into the cockpit.
    Never had a chance to check if that was "production" effect or if it really happened.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Please fill-out one of the annual tech forms BEFORE getting to the track. The tech stickers are $10 for the annuals.
    Use the "race inspector" form as your guide as that's what I will be using to tech the car. Find all the issues at home when it's easier and cheaper to resolve.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com..._tech_form.pdf
    https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com..._inspector.pdf
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...