Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 MSRH Round 1 Video Thread

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I'm not near as old as you but I thought the same thing. Thanks Sean-I'll check it out sometime.

Yeah-Camaro's require at least 9 fingers on the wheel.

Tyler-looked like you were able to pull the SI car down the straightaway-feel free to see if they will let you run your car in SI and give the F-body's a chance at a podium this year.
    You could always buy a Mustang and joint the fast crowd!
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Bryan, you have certainly been in an entertaining mood lately with jabs at the Stangs. It is easy to pull SI cars on the straights when they lift and give a point by. ;^)
    I'm glad you enjoy them-I'll certainly keep them coming but I'm not the only one that is making those comments either-if you remember some of my best lines I think were around the campfire. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice it in the videos-although a rocket scientist has confirmed this observation. But if you would have said the difference is when you get on the gas maybe you could let that slide but I don't see any evidence that he lifted? Maybe he told you afterwards that he lifted to let him by but I have never seen Dennis lift to let a CMC car by.

But hey-maybe that's just what all the mustang drivers think when they motor by people in the straights that everyone is just lifting to give them a point by..........(i'll be here all night)
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

I'm glad you enjoy them-I'll certainly keep them coming but I'm not the only one that is making those comments either-if you remember some of my best lines I think were around the campfire. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice it in the videos-although a rocket scientist has confirmed this observation. But if you would have said the difference is when you get on the gas maybe you could let that slide but I don't see any evidence that he lifted? Maybe he told you afterwards that he lifted to let him by but I have never seen Dennis lift to let a CMC car by.

But hey-maybe that's just what all the mustang drivers think when they motor by people in the straights that everyone is just lifting to give them a point by..........(i'll be here all night)
    I'm pretty sure I got on power sooner than he did in that case, the straight before that he got on power sooner and I wasn't reeling him in.
    P2W for spec iron and a fox are almost the same, 11.75:1 vs 11.92:1.

Dan is able to go fast with the platform, maybe your setup changes will help for MSR-C. Do you want to co drive your car for TT? I'll split the supersize fee if you want.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Bryan should have someone else race his car!

<----Stands in back of room jumping up and down with hand raised saying "pick me, pick me".
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    I already tried to hire another driver (even a mustang driver, Liebbe), to drive my car, and even he couldnt beat the mustangs in my Camaro. So that settles it.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Here is a whopping 1 minute of fame that I took during R3. Completely forgot to charge the camera for Saturday, so missed the drama between me and Ian.

https://vimeo.com/118373382
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Here is a whopping 1 minute of fame that I took during R3. Completely forgot to charge the camera for Saturday, so missed the drama between me and Ian.

https://vimeo.com/118373382

I will get my R3 video posted, I left my camera stuff in the truck. I don't think the cam caught the action on the pit straight. I had my Days of Thunder moment trying to decide where Ian's pirouette was going to end up when I entered the straight. Nice move bailing right into the grass Marshall, that could have all been a lot worse. I think Jack had a better look at it than I did of it.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Think I could get a copy of that script?
    You have to use homebrew to install ffmpeg and the google cli tools.

#!/bin/bash

[ $# -eq 0 ] && { echo "Usage: $0 file_name start_time stop_time vid_title "; exit 1; }

file=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f1`
    ext=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f2`

start=`echo 00:$2 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`
    end=`echo 00:$3 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`

diff=`expr $end - $start`

ffmpeg -ss $start -i $1 -c copy -t "$diff" "$file"_new."$ext"

google youtube -u youtube_uid post "$file"_new."$ext" --title "$4" --category "Sports"
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    I already tried to hire another driver (even a mustang driver, Liebbe), to drive my car, and even he couldnt beat the mustangs in my Camaro. So that settles it.
    I was sandbagging so Camaros would get some rules improvements.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    You have to use homebrew to install ffmpeg and the google cli tools.

#!/bin/bash

[ $# -eq 0 ] && { echo "Usage: $0 file_name start_time stop_time vid_title "; exit 1; }

file=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f1`
    ext=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f2`

start=`echo 00:$2 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`
    end=`echo 00:$3 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`

diff=`expr $end - $start`

ffmpeg -ss $start -i $1 -c copy -t "$diff" "$file"_new."$ext"

google youtube -u youtube_uid post "$file"_new."$ext" --title "$4" --category "Sports"
    Thanks!