Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NASA TX 2014 Banquet Announced!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I'm out. I don't know what Beef Forestiere is. Is that code for Corned Beef?
    It's beef tenderloin with mushrooms. I'm actually making Pork Paupiettes Ã* la forestière tonight. Though I am the only one that likes the mushrooms so more for me

she will want to adopt me as a son since she loves racers!
    Get in line behind me...I called dibs a long time ago

With Cresson coming up, anybody wanna do a good ol' fashioned AI/CMC cook? If the Dr. and Ol' English are going to make the trip it would be a hoot! And DF is getting to be quite a cook to I hear!

So as to not interfere with anything Will has planned we could do it Friday night if enough guys come up early...or we could get the smokers and pots going for Sunday lunch?

When: Saturday February 28th 2015
    I'm out - My anniversary - interestingly enough we might be spending it in Austin visiting friends.
    Last edited by BlueFirePony; 01-23-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a NASA TX thing and will not take place of the AI/CMC banquet, correct?
    A beef tenderloin and cash bar sound nice but I prefer an open fire and a cooler of beer.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a NASA TX thing and will not take place of the AI/CMC banquet, correct?
    A beef tenderloin and cash bar sound nice but I prefer an open fire and a cooler of beer.
    We really do need a "like" button

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I couldn't find one with a small cooking fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fbody383; 01-25-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: oh why not...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I'm out. I don't know what Beef Forestiere is. Is that code for Corned Beef?

I do think it's a good idea to have a get together like that and fine with merging it into all of NASA. Should be fun and I'll be glad to get rid of the Golden Helmet-had it at Houston and felt like I saw a few candidates. At least I think I could make out Tilton trying to go backside on diamonds edge to cut through for the front stretch and Pranav hanging a left at launch while seeming to do his best to always break down on the first lap or two of practice.

Oh yeah-and Procter-if you don't bring the 28 to the Last Stand at TWS were going to come blow up you and all three of your Triumph's. (I guess the fumes have finally gone to your head) I bet your Mom is about ready to disown you. Tell her Leinart is almost ready to keep up with the mustangs in the corners but of course will be pulled down the straights so maybe she will want to adopt me as a son since she loves racers! Tell your parents we miss them and they can come out as I'm sure it isn't much fun watching you push Triumph's around the shop.
    I was just informed by the golden helmet award maker that there are TWO golden helmets floating around because Dawdy and Covini tied the first year.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    We really do need a "like" button

Unfortunately I'm out also that weekend. A Sweet 16 party is calling me.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am really surprised by you guys.
    Here is a chance to have a more formal environment to celebrate our season as racers and friends, to show other series why having comradery is important and how its done. We have always been a great example of pitting and partying together. Its a non-race weekend, which we love.

So is the problem the formality, the cost, with other race groups, or NASA?
    Clue me in here.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    My $0.02

It will kill at least an entire day, if not half of the next if I stay over
    I don't even get a hotel room for a race
    I'd rather spend $100 and do an AI/SI/CMC only deal
    I don't do this for awards - but some tire money is nice

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Here is a chance to have a more formal environment to celebrate our season as racers and friends, to show other series why having comradery is important and how its done.
    Feels a little different here. I'm really in the camp of doing the AI/SI/CMC Saturday dinners again. I don't know what happened but it's a good thing the two pieces of sausage I got at MSRH were as good as they were or I would be even more let down on the provided dinner.

I think Will's trying, and I don't think there is a cookie cutter answer.

If EVERYBODY in the group went to Austin, would we mingle or just be our own group? Let's do the Saturday dinners and rotate which other group we invite to hang out.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Time. That's the biggest reason why I won't make an overnight banquet in Austin. This would effectively burn an entire weekend for a dinner banquet so it just doesn't make the cut to be worthy. Then I need babysitters for the weekend-and would rather use my parents to watch my kids for other events. I already feel guilty for the 6 event weekends and time getting the car ready so just don't want to push it here as well. I do think it's a great deal to have and would love to make it. Selfishly I would rather do it at the track on a Friday night.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24