Thread: Pink Ford injector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pink Ford injector

I found a used intake but he wants too much because it is complete with injectors and everything else. I run yellow 19 lb injectors so I don't need them. These are 21 lb. anyone need a set of 21's? If so I will get it (I may anyway).

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I had a GT40P top end on an HO bottom end with HO electronics (basically a CMC motor) and it seemed to run a touch lean and had a tip in stumble. I made it better with an AFPR, but these injectors would be a damn near perfect starting point for that at the factory 39psi.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    You can buy a brand new intake for $197. If you buy a used one you risk it having cracks in it.

Blog Entries
    True. I thought maybe someone needed the injectors. I will most likely get a new intake.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those are the injectors I told Jeremy to run to fix his lean issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Those are the injectors I told Jeremy to run to fix his lean issue.
    I remember that.

I don't know if this is true but I read if you change to a larger injector that you have to change MAF and do a tune or you will be pig rich. I read that on a forum so it may not be true. My Chester car runs the stock computer, MAF and injectors and I have never had an issue with A/F ratio. My car is a returnless system. I think the older ones had a return line.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I remember that.

I don't know if this is true but I read if you change to a larger injector that you have to change MAF and do a tune or you will be pig rich. I read that on a forum so it may not be true. My Chester car runs the stock computer, MAF and injectors and I have never had an issue with A/F ratio. My car is a returnless system. I think the older ones had a return line.

JJ
    yes Jerry, that is all correct. It should require a retune when using larger than 19# injectors. Jeremy's car, and many others with certain ECU codes, are running out of fuel with the 19#'rs and CMC hp levels. Some have issues, some don't. When Jeremy ran the pink injectors, his car was running PIG rich around 10.5:1 if I remember correctly.

Also, keep in mind, Jeremy is running a fuel pump that has 140k miles on it unless he changed it. I bet Tony put a new one in that car before you got it. Those pumps are notorious for getting hot when you run dumped exhaust as there is no fuel cooling with a returnless system. When the pump gets warm, it's pressure drops and the car will go lean...may have been what happened and caused you to drop a valve...

If you do replace the pump, consider getting an SVT focus pump. they work a little less hard and don't over heat as quickly.

If the rules allow it, I personally would put the pink injectors in the car and have the computer tuned to recognize the injector size ONLY. No other fuel/timing trims required. If your 19's are running at anything over 85% duty cycle, the pump is having to work damn hard to keep up pressures since they are open so long(spray pattern probably sucks too). If you can get that duty cycle down to 70% or less, the pump will be much happier.

Just my $0.02....especially if you are spending the coin for that new motor.

Other option would be to go with a return style system, external pump and FPR and you can modify fuel pressure with the 19# injectors just like the SN95/Fox 5.0's as needed.....again, IF the rules allow it.
    Last edited by AI#97; 01-30-2015 at 08:26 PM.
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    I hope you are wrong but I have replaced the pump two times in four years. When I got the car Tony had just installed the SVT pump but it failed the first season. So three pumps in five years. I'm running a stock pump now.

We had an issue at ECR (but no codes) and no power just sounded very loud on Friday but it started running fine Sat. morning. Ran great the balance of the weekend. Then after two 30 minute sessions and seven dyno pulls on Friday at MSRH and the car running fine it did it again Sat. Morning during warm up. We checked codes and pulled plug wires and it went to running fine again......at least for qual, R1, and one lap of R2 then we dropped the intake valve of number 5.

JJ
    I may call you to discuss.