Thread: Fuel Jug Caps

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Fuel Jug Caps

I only have one cap for my fuel jugs that was threaded with a few adapters, small piece of clear hose and a plastic end on it that would fit in the stock tank and was also threaded so I could cap it off. That busted in the trailer to Houston. Does anyone know if there are plastic fittings and hose available at HD or somewhere to get a new setup going? I think my old setup may have ended up in the trash. So I need something that will screw into the plastic female of the cap so I can get a hose setup.
    I'm going to look online for premade caps to see if they are available without the jugs.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    Are you talking about this?
    http://www.amazon.com/VP-Racing-Fuel...sin=B005G5R5LQ

I think I have a couple laying around, I wanna say I got them for a way better price than the above...

Blog Entries
    But yes you can make your own using PVC pipe fittings from home depot, just need to figure out what your thread pitch is in the cap if it's not a VP racing jug cap (scribner?)

Blog Entries
    Awesome Pranav. Yes, that is exactly what I have. Only issue is the lack of flex in the hose on that setup but that looks exactly what I have and got them from PST. They are Scribner jugs. Also have some VP jugs that I borrow from my old man for race weekends. I don't know if the thread pitch is different. I'll take the cap to HD and see what if I can find the right male pipe fitting.
    Thanks.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3/4 npt.

Blog Entries
    At Home depot they will be marked as 3/4 MIP for male and 3/4 FIP for female. Translates to NPT...