Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Engine Break-In

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Didn't a Camaro win Nationals too?
    Does anyone know what data went into the decision? I'm just curious what was looked at.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    Is it true that Jack Murray is going to trade in his AI S197 Mustang for the "pinnacle of automotive engineering and suspension design" the Fox Body Mustang? I heard rumors he was testing a new AI Camaro killer over the weekend
    Dennis,Dennis,Dennis This how nasty rumours get started. He was merely assisting in research to determine the flotational qualities and handling characteristics of the 92 Mustang over a period of 12 hours. Once the data is analyzed it will prove that the 92 Mustang is completely sea worthy unlike a certain SI drivers (DT) miata motor which is currently being prepped as a boat anchor.
    Last edited by JMR81; 03-23-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR81 View Post
    Dennis,Dennis,Dennis This how nasty rumours get started. He was merely assisting in research to determine the flotational qualities and handling characteristics of the 92 Mustang over a period of 12 hours. Once the data is analyzed it will prove that the 92 Mustang is completely sea worthy unlike a certain SI drivers (DT) miata motor which is currently being prepped as a boat anchor.
    It's always the pilots fault! I just drive'em man, I don't know what makes them work. I should have anticipated total coolant loss from a hole in the radiator without indications. It still cranks, hopefully the head is ok. I loved the 92, how does one go about getting a Tito's sponsorship?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Pretty funny that I make a comment giving props to Rob Who that he should be on the podium and it ends up like this. So much to comment on so I'll skip using the quotes.

Rob-I placed 2nd at Cresson in 2013 so maybe it is a driver thing. I know Mosty believes race wins and fast laps matter but I have always been for on track data or as jander says 'telemetry'.

Aaron-think my Camaro is decent enough now? Let's see if you can get in it and take it for a session at TWS. Just be careful as it cut pattersons head open.

Tyler-yes a Camaro won nationals and the year before a mustang. I believe there were two mustangs who won it even before the rule changes as well. See below for the data.

Sean-I agree with you. There have been several drivers who spent a lot of time on their cars and won regardless of platform. Now get that 5.3 going and start mixing it up with the trophy girls.

Maybe Al could chime in like around the campfire. But from what was posted on the national forum the only data that was used was 1 race of Procter, 1 race of Alford, and 2 races of Mosty. Hopefully they used more data than from only two individual races at ECR.
    Michael-is this the data that was provided to the directors to make the rule change?

http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/...ata_at_ECR.pdf
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    I'll drive your car as long as it doesn't hurt me haha. Curious to see how fast they are at TWS. You have a data system in it?

Which car is yours?
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 03-25-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    I have a nearly completed race car, drove it for the first time recently.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    I have a nearly completed race car, drove it for the first time recently.
    Rob,
    First, that's GREAT news! Looking forward to seeing it in full livery at the track soon.

Second, thanks for putting this back on track and away from a parity discussion.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Yeah, but it's a Mustang and by default will be faster than any of the Camaros. Anybody know where to buy a good trophy case?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Yeah, but it's a Mustang and by default will be faster than any of the Camaros.

You are twisting what's been said. It's a Mustang so it has the CAPABILITY of being faster than any of the Camaros. It's still mostly driver. You might be out of luck... :-)

Great to hear about the car. Looking forward to seeing you back out there.

Richard P.

Flotational qualities of a '92 Mustang. That things has so many holes in the floorboards, it looked like a geyser every time we hit a puddle. Or was that the '98? Hell I cant remember, I'm still drying out and watching mud and grass fall out from under it.