Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Engine Break-In

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    What rule changes were made at the end of 2012?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    What rule changes were made at the end of 2012?
    Added 50 lbs to the Camaro minimum weight and reduced the max track width to 74".
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And how much did track go down?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Your right Richard, the changes were made just because of Michael. No data was used at all. Either you think you are being funny or you are not aware of the testing Thant was done.

JJ
    Michael was very vocal on the forums when he believed there was a parity issue. After a couple of years with the revised rules there are other people are talking about parity and he says he is tired of it. I believe that is hypocritical and it rubbed me the wrong way.

I am aware of the data and testing that was done. I believe we now have enough data to show that the rule changes went too far.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    We ( Camaro drivers ) need to get our hands dirty and get with it, and catch up with our Mustang friends.
    What? Work on it ourselves??? This is 2015...

So last year at Hallett it was the 4th gen show. I think it might be combo of a slight advantage to the Mustang coupled with the relatively recent loss of significant Camaro talent.

I'll join the "let's look at '13, '14, and '15 data closely in the fall" camp.

Unless I can't sniff the podium then it MUST be Mustang guys cheating.
    Last edited by Fbody383; 03-23-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: clarity; that english thing is hard
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Oddly enough there is a guy in another region that quit because he thought the Camaros had an advantage.

Hopefully the data Richard is referring to is telemetry and not just some video that shows someone pulling away.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    It's almost impossible to make a 30 yr span of different cars all "even" in performance. Every car is only as good as you make it and only as good as the driver behind the wheel. You can't be mad at the guys who have put in the time to learn setup and how to make their car work well. That's really what it comes down to is setup, if you have worn out parts and don't bother to align the car based on track then don't expect to be on the podium.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    I put Randy's Wahoo Racing 4th gen Camaro on the podium at TWS last year or the year before. Maybe its a driver thing.
    And you point is, old teammate. That's the ticket, 4th Gen with a Ford driver.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Is it true that Jack Murray is going to trade in his AI S197 Mustang for the "pinnacle of automotive engineering and suspension design" the Fox Body Mustang? I heard rumors he was testing a new AI Camaro killer over the weekend

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Michael was very vocal on the forums when he believed there was a parity issue. After a couple of years with the revised rules there are other people are talking about parity and he says he is tired of it. I believe that is hypocritical and it rubbed me the wrong way.

I am aware of the data and testing that was done. I believe we now have enough data to show that the rule changes went too far.

Richard P.
    Richard, I'm sorry if this rubbed you the wrong way but saying I am being hypocritical is definitely rubbing me the wrong way.

Bottom line is (like Dave F pointed out) the results have looked different in the last few years due to strong Camaro drivers cutting back or not racing anymore. If Glenn was running every event and if James was still racing would we be having this discussion?
    In 2013, with the very same rules we have today, Mustangs won 15 races and Camaros won 13 races. This is 1 race away from being 50/50. How is this unfair?

As mentioned, data was provided to the National director and every Regional director at the end of 2012 and they were the ones that made the rules changes, not the Mustang drivers. If you have data showing the rules changes went too far at the end of 2012 then I'm sure that will be very welcomed. I'd expect the directors to review the data in the same manner they did in 2012.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region