Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSRC Results

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Being back of the pack I've run into this many times. Often I just roll over and let a train of cars past to take some stress off me, but sometimes I'm playing with someone and will hold on a little longer, especially if the leader-being-chased hasn't already passed me.

One of the races I was out back chasing down Edwards and a couple of SI cars needed to get by; didn't have much time to react, they got past me and eventually Edwards, but the gap had widened between us as a result...

I just need to drive faster so I don't have to worry about this, maybe if I stop having to rebuild half the car between each event I'd have time to focus on that...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    I understand the theory, and in a normal race it isn't really a problem. In a normal race, by the time AI catches CMC (or vice versa), one of two scenarios is usually occurring. Lets just say AI is catching CMC. Pranav, this is what you are encountering.

1. One AI car comes upon two or more CMC car. AI driver backs off a touch, passes CMC cars when convenient with minimal interference. Everyone is happy.

2. Two AI cars come upon one CMC car. CMC car is aware, stays predicable, both AI cars pass and go on their way. Everyone is happy.

Full field inverts pretty much gauantees two OR MORE AI cars racing each other catching two OR MORE CMC racing each other within the first three corners. It puts a lot of cars fighting for the same spot in a hurry. Someone is going to feel their race was altered due to the other class. I just don't see the fun factor in that. For the slower group, I see no reason to want it. There isn't anything to be gained. No extra fun.
    Why do we have split starts? So that by the time the faster cars in the 2nd group catch the slower cars in the 1st group, things are a bit more strung out (at least single file) and predicatble and less likely to interfere with someones race.

Like I said, if the full field inverts were still split starts, it wouldn't be so bad. The ones I remember were one flag.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    If you set pole, and lead start to finish. You pass no one, and no one passes you. Is it really racing, or just running TT.
    Maybe pay Toyo bucks on the inverts? Maybe the Colorado air is getting to my brain.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro