Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H&R Super Race springs

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

H&R Super Race springs

Anyone have a set they want to sell or let me use for a weekend? I was thinking about trying them on the 55. I drove Kevin's car and it feels better with them than mine does. The H&R website says the Race and the Super Race lower the car the same as the Super Sports. I don't see how that is possible. My car is way higher than Kevin's is.

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    What is the spring rate diff between yours and his? What bars are you guys using?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    I think the super race springs are 900pds? So stiff you might as well not use a shock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    What is the spring rate diff between yours and his? What bars are you guys using?
    I use the smallest rear bar and I have never changed the front bar. With the set up I have now the car will not push (and I don't want it to) but the rear is very lose. At turn in in Big Bend and on both climbing off-camber lefts (Wagon Wheel and Buzzard Neck) I have to wait later than most to add power. It may be as good as it can be but if I can move some of my front grip to the rear and still not get any push that would be great.

JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    I think the super race springs are 900pds? So stiff you might as well not use a shock.
    So many different ways of doing things. Tyler was just a tick slower than you Aaron and his car is super low and 1300lb. Front springs.

I really like my set up but I felt Kevin's set-up was at least as fast as mine but way different.

JJ

1300!?!? Haha all I'm going to ask is....why? That's overkill for a 3100 car

Sure anyone can be just as fast for a couple laps but your tires will be gone by lap 5 if you run super stiff. That's why he faded away during 2nd half of race. It's not about who can turn a fast lap on whatever setup it's a matter of keeping grip and making your tires last a whole race.

If you had AST's your car would be perfectly setup with the right shock settings based on track.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 03-18-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    From what I can find the Super Race are 950-1050 front and 260-300 rear. Running stock rear bar and MM PHB. Stock upper control arms and with stock bushings on both ends.

Blog Entries
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    1300!?!? Haha all I'm going to ask is....why? That's overkill for a 3100 car

Sure anyone can be just as fast for a couple laps but your tires will be gone by lap 5 if you run super stiff. That's why he faded away during 2nd half of race. It's not about who can turn a fast lap on whatever setup it's a matter of keeping grip and making your tires last a whole race.

If you had AST's your car would be perfectly setup with the right shock settings based on track.
    Then be a nice guy and give me your AST's LOL

JJ

I'm just saying the AST's are the best mustang shock I have EVER driven on period! I don't have one negative thing to say about them.

The suspension needs to roll some to absorb energy, otherwise the tires will take all the abuse and fade away.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    1300lb in a mustang is only ~325lb wheel rate, not that high, I ran my fast lap of the weekend 10 laps in on Friday.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net