Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage Floor Coatings?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    So how clean is clean enough? That's been my biggest concern. I recently used a concrete cleaner, deck brush, and pressure washer on my floor and it got a lot of shit up, but there is still discoloration where the stains were.

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Thanks for the info. $10/sqft is way more than I'm going to pay. I'll probably look into the Ucoat and the HD/Lowes stuff and see if I can find some caparisons. Is it worth it to use the non-skid additive?
    I don't care for the non-skid additive other than on the trailer ramp, it is a sand finish essentially. New concrete fully cured will weld with the epoxy if done right. High gloss epoxy is beautiful, but it is slicker than snot if wet. The flecks do add decent foot traction.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    So how clean is clean enough? That's been my biggest concern. I recently used a concrete cleaner, deck brush, and pressure washer on my floor and it got a lot of shit up, but there is still discoloration where the stains were.
    I forgot to say I did pressure wash the floor last. I had a few oil stains (very small) but no issues so far.

JJ