Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Public Shit List now active.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Public Shit List now active.

Click the link.
    http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic....490953#p490953

I had a conversation with Chris McComb and mentioned we used to keep a AI/CMC/SI shit list for contact. I think Al used to do it. The conversation was a result of drivers asking if there were penalties assessed to driver X for contact. I realized that too often penalties are handed out, but only the Officials and the parties involved know the outcome. Sometimes drivers assume there was no penalty if they don't get told there was. This is compounded when a Series Official is involved. So I asked Chris if we could get back to tracking this. He got with Will and here we are. Other Regions do this and they have had good success.

Please provide your input regarding the idea of hitting a point limit (to be determined) for preventing those who exceed the limit from winning a Regional Championship.
    Who is in favor or against?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    In favor. Damn that list is short.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    That's cool. Kind of funny our ex owner of our region is on the list.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't see the humor. Not the first time either.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    I really like that we're doing this now. I've heard it debated both ways a number of times, glad to see it happening. Kudos to Glenn, Chris, and Will.

You asked for input on points limits so here ya go:
    In the spreadsheet, it calls out an automatic IRB review at 10 points. I fully agree with that and would suggest either 12 or 13 points as the limit for regional championship eligibility. Can't imagine racking up 12 points without repeatedly making really bad decisions but I dunno....maybe it's possible. For extenuating circumstances, form an IRB to decide whether an exception should be granted.

This could only apply to nationals if all regions work out a consistent system. I wonder if that's realistic but obviously it would be pretty awkward for Crashy McCrashesALot to be ineligible at the regional level but in "good standing" for nationals.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    I wouldn't be so quick to assign a max point total for a Regional champ DQ. Points are assigned for various reasons, hence the review after 10 points. Pass under a waving yellow is 6 points, do that twice in a year and you will be reviewed (12 points) even never having a contact incident. Review result could mean probation, suspension, loss of license, etc.

Who is worse? The guy who had 2 awareness issues or the guy who hit someone else 4 times to get 12 points.

Lack of awareness can be just as dangerous as contact and it can lead to people getting hurt too.
    ― Paul Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    In favor. Damn that list is selective.
    Fixed that for you!

If penalties are handed out accordingly wouldn't that put the regional championship out of reach for a habitual offender?
    IMO if you are going to have public list then make sure all the offenders from the weekend are on it!

You left off Chris Haldeman in spec iron from cresson. Dad filed paperwork on Sunday.
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I agree, I hope this is just a sample and not the actual list.
    I'm guessing there are a good 5+ incidents from the first two events that are not even listed.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region