Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime and Punishment - The Double Yellow

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

Crime and Punishment - The Double Yellow

TWS R4

I owe Glenn an apology; I have always found him to be fair and equal in his role as Director of the group. You may disagree about a single specific incident, but feel free to step up and do the job.

When we came off after R4, I already suspected that I had blown a double-yellow in T2 by passing Jay between T2 and T3; I did not see that flag. I did see the one in T4 and suspected immediately there had likely been one in T2. I was waiting for the green we never got to point Jay (but not Michael) by.

When I spoke to Glenn and he outlined potential consequences I reacted poorly, in my mind, and regretted it as soon as I said it.

My video CLEARLY shows the waving double-yellow in T2 and the standing double in T4, as well as Jay trying to get my attention, which at the time I took to be a car issue.

I fully support clear, concise rules and the public posting of penalty actions for every driver in AI/SI/CMC.

I'll post the video soon, the consequences are what they are, and I'll be bringing some semi-fast orange to Hallett.

Great weekend of racing.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    David - nothing you said or did indicated you were on the defensive. No need to apologize. In fact, I owe most of you one as I was a bit frantic making sure I talked to each of you before you left. I needed to get all sides of the story, and was worried that wouldn't happen. Its possible I came across a bit short and dismissive. I hope you all understand.

For the most part, everyone admitted before confronted that they had done it. No one denied the accusations. It was refreshing to be around a group of people so willing to admit fault. It seems like you guys never disappoint. I walked away being proud of how you acted when confronted with an error. Round of applause.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Sorry I caused the double yellow guys. Hopefully no cars were damaged with my debris.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    Sorry I caused the double yellow guys. Hopefully no cars were damaged with my debris.
    Was the double yellow the right call? What would/should have happened if you dropped that on lap 2?

Don't be this guy:

#39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Was the double yellow the right call? What would/should have happened if you dropped that on lap 2?
    Why did they not do a full course black remove the debris and then start over again?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    With two of our 4 races ending early due to flags, and having power/fueling issues with the car, I'm gonna try go back for the Open track day on may 22nd. I'm determined to get below the 2:00 mark and end TWS on a high note; was frustrated (at my driving, the car, and stuff out of my control) over how this weekend went.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Why did they not do a full course black remove the debris and then start over again?
    I thought they were doing that with the pace car keeping everyone off of the straight, then a corner worked held up a "1", then the pace car went off track, then I could sort of make out a waiving flag, and I saw some of AI take off, I thought it was a restart, hence my dumb ass decision to take off in R4 and get DQ'd, good game...
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I thought they were doing that with the pace car keeping everyone off of the straight, then a corner worked held up a "1", then the pace car went off track, then I could sort of make out a waiving flag, and I saw some of AI take off, I thought it was a restart, hence my dumb ass decision to take off in R4 and get DQ'd, good game...
    I wasn't aware of the DQ, Tyler. Figured if anything, people would just get repositioned. From what I saw (yeah, way at the back) was a waving flag that wasn't yellow. I didn't see a yellow and checker, which is what'd I'd have expected if the intent was, no passing, race over. Watching this exact situation in pro level racing, , heck F1 a few weeks ago, it's understood and communicated thru radio, that pace car is coming in, yeah, you're getting the green, but no passing. Since flags are OUR only communication, if that was the intent it was poorly communicated. I get that it's the gentleman thing to do, and stay in line to the finish, but our thoughts are a few seconds behind our reactions. Hard for me to see that as a dumb ass decision. Pace car should have just stayed out, or they should have thrown the checker and yellow. I'd appeal that one.
    Last edited by Alien; 04-30-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I'm gonna try go back for the Open track day on may 22nd. I'm determined to get below the 2:00 mark and end TWS on a high note; was frustrated (at my driving, the car, and stuff out of my control) over how this weekend went.
    Let me know I would like to go also.

Blog Entries
    Go get registered, I registered without paying. Hard to tell if the track or SCCA is running it but i signed up under AS (ASedan)