Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TWS videos

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra132 View Post
    Wow, I am very sorry to have caused so much frustration, aggression and anxiety. I did not realize that people were so sensitive and easily upset. I did not see any other cars anywhere in sight except for the Orange AI car I was slowly closing on. I am not sure where the SI race was. I thought I was driving my line and that it was, in fact, a race. I did not realize that the proper etiquette was to pull over and yield. I can guarantee that it will never happen again.
    I saw the SI vid. Certainly not the illegal blocking that was reported. Not really blocking at all.
    Was there an SI car behind your dad Aaron? Was there a close race for that position? If not, I don't see how his race was more important than Frank's. If Frank felt he was catching an AI car, then he should keep peddling.

As for this comment -
    [quote]I just feel my dads frustration cause running a spec iron car that's gridded behind AI is just a cluster.[\quote]
    When SI out qual's AI, then SI can start up front and listen to the AI cars have the same complaint your dad has. No different than the CMC guys who have put up w/ it for years w/ AI and now SI. There is no rule for this. Act a certain way, expect that to be how you get treated. If you did no wrong, then sleep well at night.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Glenn listen,

The whole point I was trying to make was if they had just swapped places they both could have gone faster. The SI car was running overall faster times and quicker in the enfield but the AI car had more power down the straight. If they had swapped then the SI car could have gapped him enough in the enfield and then the straight wouldn't have been an issue and they both would have a chance of catching their leaders instead of being in each others way.

And if an out of class car is running a defensive line then that's blocking in my book cause you can't ever get around them! If they were in the same class then yah run all the defense you want.

If all the classes have mutual respect for each other and give each other space then all of us will be faster and happier. But I've been beating this dead horse for a long time and frankly I'm over it. People will still do what they want regardless of what is said in a meeting so it is what it is.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 05-02-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I get what your saying, I've been there. And yes, they may have both gone faster. Best plan is to talk with the driver your fustrated with in person, not trash talk them here.
    Don't assume the line he was running was defensive. Not all drivers run the same line. I know plenty of drivers who dont use the whole track and that is what it looked like Frank was doing.
    I know CMC guys who have been racing for many years that still leave tons of track un-used from turn-in, to apex, to track out. It may be how much they are willing to risk it.

A block is a reaction by the lead car to the trailing car. I didn't see that. A single move is legal. It takes a double move to be an illegal block.

Of all the years I've driven around Frank, I've not known him to do what your saying. Just because he didn't do what you prefered, doesn't mean he is wrong.

But the other question stands........ Would either of your races had a different outcome if Frank had moved over? Frank wouldn't likely catch the AI car w/out a mistake on the AI cars end, and the same for your dad.
    This is the reality of mixed calss racing. There will be times where different class cars have times that match closely. Its part of it. For years me and Davis Donovin would race ontop of each other all weekend long. Its part of the deal. I've won races as a result of it and lost them as well. One time it will work for you and next against.

Frank - I approached you in a sence of obligation to any complaints that are given to me. I watch the SI vid for the same reason, out of obligation to the complaining driver.

I'm not trying to trash talk anyone. We've tried talking to individual people and it usually works out but why should we have to experience this over and over and have to talk to every single person that does this? Just gets aggravating when this has been brought up in meetings numerous times but yet nothing changes.

I personally like everyone in our group, so this is not meant to be a personal attack. I just want everyone to see eye to eye when it comes to out of class racing and mutual respect and space.

As to the question would it have changed the outcome of the race?
    Answer: who knows, we never had a chance to even try to catch up cause we couldn't get around.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 05-02-2015 at 09:51 PM.
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    A few pics from TWS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rob Liebbe; 05-04-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

More

One Last Pic

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    ...It would be one thing if there was a race going on with two in class cars but there wasn't so there is no reason why track etiquette should be ignored.
    I was a few seconds behind for most of the race, so add me to the orange car and you have two cars Frank was racing and not one other SI car in the vicinity. I think that gives him the right to the line, not to block (I think we all know the video proves that he did not), but certainly to stay on the racing line. If he really wanted to pass, then pass! Nobody is going to get butthurt about it. I know it's easy to get wrapped up in what's right in front of someone, but we have to keep our heads and think about the big picture, take an objective look at the situation and decide what's really right or wrong with it.

To put myself in your dad's shoes; I spent all of R4 behind an SI car. I had a couple chances to try and jam in a pass, and even did pass on the front straight only to back off and let him back in front. I evaluated the situation and knew that I wasn't going to catch the next AI car, and there were none behind me. I then made the choice to just settle in and enjoy the drive.

We need to remember that we all do this to have fun and at the end of the day we're all friends. Nobody gets paid to do this and our families aren't going to starve if we don't make the podium so let's all just relax and enjoy ourselves out there.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Well we do get paid on Toyo bucks. A pretty substantial amount actually. Doesn't matter anymore it's over and that place is getting bulldozed haha
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 05-04-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Have you guys ever considered just gridding the entire pack by qual times and just one green flag?
    Ah, fugg it.