Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pubelo July 4th!!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    You love Pueblo, it's a blast!
    Which is exactly why you should come!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I wish I could make it also. I hope to someday. Pueblo is not exactly my favorite place in Colorado. I'm thinking maybe someday I could hit a race at Pueblo, drop the car and trailer at the track and then drive the RV to Ouray, Telluride for a week then pick up the car on the way back to Texas. Not the best way to get to the part of Colorado we like but better than just driving up for a race weekend. I hope to be going to Ouray in August.

JJ
    RM's August race is in Hastings. They'll be open for track days, but you're damn near on your own there. Now if you bump that to September RM will be racing at Pueblo again and the weather tends to be pretty nice that time of year.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Hastings Nebraska? If so, that could be fun. I want to take the mustang there.
    Ah, fugg it.

I hear it's a great facility, but the trouble is that the Central Region has no CMC so the only attendees are those from neighboring regions. I believe they have a few AI cars though, so better for you.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Ok, so as of today we have.....

Patterson - AI
    Martin - CMC
    Richardson - CMC

Craig?
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Prelim Schedule

Saturday July 4th

Start ET*

9:20 AM 0:20 Warm Up for Thunder

11:30 AM 0:15 Thunder Qualifying

3:00 PM 0:25 Thunder Race #1 ($$ race)

5:30 PM 0:25 Thunder Race #2

Sunday July 5th

Start ET*

9:50 AM 0:15 Warm Up - AI / CMC / SU / ST / GTS3-4

11:40 AM 0:20 Thunder Race #3

2:40 PM 0:25 Thunder Race #4 ($$ race)
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

[/ATTACH][QUOTE=nasa-rm;72710]NASA Rocky Mountain is offering 1/2 off entry fees for the July 4-5 race (or tt / de) at Pueblo Motorsports Park to out of region racers. We want to hit 200 cars for the weekend. Professional fireworks, Friday night drags, Hotdogs and Apple Pie. And the nice "cool" CO July weather.

Bryan L : We need a trip report from all of you guys.

We (Me, John, and Mike ) had a great weekend! ( well for me it ended Friday morning... lost the motor ) John was fast as always. a few jet changes, new excelerator pump, and a little TLC from the "Martin Racing" team and he was off to a great weekend!
    Alamo Mike well what can I say he is FAST!!!!

RM guys are some great guys ( Special Thanks to Brad Densmore he offered his 3gen to me to race for the weekend, I went to check it out but.....too many midnight ribs ;0) ) Those Colorado guys need to eat more Texas BBQ :-p
    The Friday night drag racing did not work out and was canceled because the rain shorted out the track wiring and they had no lights on timing. I still think some AI/CMC drag racing would be a blast!

Race 1 ($Race) was some Great racing! Mike took 1st place! And John took 3rd place!
    Race 2 more great racing! Mike took 1st place agian!!! CMC ran an invert Brad took off and kept everyone off for the WIN!
    Saturday night festivities were a blast. Dave had a great 4th of July Spread. The fire works were Amazing. you could see the entire city from the track, and there were fire works all over, all night!
    Race 3 Mike took 2nd place very close Racing!( double yellow most of the race lol ) John took 3rd!
    Race 4 ($Race) Mike took 1st John was amazing running 2nd place, then he lost the fuel pump with just 2 laps to go.
    Great place, great track! I look forward to going again.
    Thanks to Dave and Revkah for a great weekend.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Storm Trooper; 07-06-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks for coming! Pueblo was a cold hearted bitch, I don't think a single CMC car (except Ryan's swiss watch of a car) didn't experience some sort of mechanical issue and we dropped like flies in R4. Rich Vogl tried a James Bond maneuver by deploying his exhaust and shooting a trail of sparks. . . on a car that POURS fuel on left handers. He really should have thought that one through better. My throttle cable went full retard and a couple laps later my exhaust BROKE off the car. I guess the coat hanger fix was too little too late. Brad tried burning his to the ground with a broken oil line right after his win. I shit a water pump in warmup and missed qual. Thede went into the tire wall in qual all by himself and bent up his fender. Bill D sprung a couple coolant leaks and had to come in early. I popped a lower hose on Friday's practice. Cole had no brake lights until R1. Sean lost a whole motor. John lost a fuel pump. I know in the AI camp Shawn Graham lost a pinion gear and then I think something else broke later on for him. Other than that, great weekend! I think I turned the fastest lap. If me and Ryan could have had more time to duke it out I think it would have gotten interesting. Ryan is strong everywhere, and I'm strong and Pueblo. And then there's poor Perry, his car is cursed everywhere. He's been really fast this year too, in fact he out poled flyin Brian in the first 2 events of the season. Spread the word, and drag more Texicans north next year! To me, the track's flow is like Hallett with the exception that the front straight is pretty long. It has a recent surface and loves last year's cycled out RA1s (I counted last night and I have a mish mash of tires on right now with either 20ish cycles or 30ish cycles).

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    I won race 4 on the last lap. A CMC car spun in turn 9 and Robert had to get on the brakes. I passed him between 9 and 10 and only led for turn 10 to the line. My tires were beat in race 4. Sliding all over. He had me covered and just got unlucky.

There are still hurt feelings over said spinning CMC car, my first thing to deal with as CMC director. I did facepalm when the Pumpkin came in all biffed up in qual too. Mike you should have thrown on some year old 30+ cycle RA1s that sat all winter in the freezing balls trailer and your car would have been solid to the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    We (Me, John, and Mike ) had a great weekend! ( well for me it ended Friday morning... lost the motor ) John was fast as always. a few jet changes, new excelerator pump, and a little TLC from the "Martin Racing" team and he was off to a great weekend!
    Alamo Mike well what can I say he is FAST!!!!

RM guys are some great guys ( Special Thanks to Brad Densmore he offered his 3gen to me to race for the weekend, I went to check it out but.....too many midnight ribs ;0) ) Those Colorado guys need to eat more Texas BBQ :-p
    Forgot to address this. I think we'd eat the fuck out of some TX BBQ is we had some, so don't leave the smoker at home next time! After all, CO is known for things other than BBQ as of late. . . Seriously though, I can't plug those midnight ribs enough. You guys made me realize what a rookie I am. And that brisket, holy crap. I'd be running more than 260whp if I lived in TX!