Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Directors and General Bitch Fest

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Did I miss something... we are voting for a Director?

Is Todd not our Director?

Pass me a clue please...

:?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    David, i think we are all looking for a replacement for Adam. i think Jeff is right w/ the criteria he listed. i also think an AI driver should control CMC and a CMC driver control AI. totally removes the "conflict of intrest" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    David, i think we are all looking for a replacement for Adam.
    Nobody can replace Adam... :evil:

Do we really need to replace him, is there a reason why we need a second director?

I think the other regions have just one director, I could be wrong. I know the west coast has one for AI and something like 12 for CMC... but the other regions just have one... or am I wrong?

Double D,

I think there is a need for second director. With all of the expectations and responsibilities that are placed on Todd I can't see the need not to have a second or assistant or assistant to the assistant.

Everyone rants about things not being done or not done as qucikly as neccessary. A little delegation may go along way. :shock:
    Kmix
    Super Touring One
    NASA Texas Ya'll

KM, I agree 100% I just want to hear it from everyone else... but all I hear is bitching and wishing…

Rant on.

You have 25 people giving their opinion as to how they think it should be run, and 20 of them have only been doing this for 24 months or less.
    (I know I’m going to get some shit for that statement, but it’s true) I’m in the same position; I have only run three seasons… But I know how to be professional too!

What I'm getting at here is that NASA Texas is working on these issues; we have not had an event since the Big Bang meeting. Todd has been doing this for a long time, way before NASA Texas was around and I trust his opinions and style of running our series.

I have no current issues with NASA Texas or Todd or National. I trust they are working on it just as they said they would, I have no reason to believe they are not, yet!

I have no interest is debating on this forum if we need a new director or assistant director, now if a request came from J&S, game one. Without them actively reading this and posting up their requirements, duties, responsibilities and expectations this is all just a waste of time. They might not want one right now… or maybe they do… I don’t know.

If this is an issue you/we would like to take up with J&S let them in on it. Let’s get in touch with them and set up a meeting Saturday night at the next event. Be professional, organize yourselves, create a list of issues and create you own list of duties & responsibilities you want the new Assistant Director to have, describe to them the ideal Director, hell describe to them the ideal NASA Texas Director!

Have the meeting you really wanted to have instead of the Big Bang meeting.

I don’t have much more to say… just that if you want something done, go to the source or the man in charge, in this case the woman in charge.

I’m excited about the next event, I’m excited to see what NASA Texas has in store for us and I’m excited to see what Todd has to say about next season!

Rant off.
    DD

Blog Entries
    i dont think anyone is planning to replace Todd.
    i also dont see anything wrong w/ an "open discussion" on an issue and getting our ducks in a row before we bring this before NASA TX (lets stop refering to them as J&S as the J is no longer).
    i find this type of responce from you David as being odd. there must be something i'm missing. i sure hope so.

My thoughts of "Open Discussion" is to involve both parties, there is nothing wrong with getting your ducks in a row… (I just have not seen it happen much here) read on and you will understand me more, maybe.

I guess I'm a little tired of the group in general just complaining on the board.

I would prefer someone post a new message:
    Subject: As a group lets get a list of items we could like to talk to NASA Texas about.

1. Director and Assistant Director
    a. Our list of what we want in a Director
    b. Our list of what we want in an Assistant Director
    2. What we expect from NASA Texas
    3. Trophies and Medals
    4. Etc…

I would prefer a more proactive approach to these sorts of items.

Heck, KM could not get a simple answer about medal and trophies without dishing up all sorts of history and crap, this group has issues, we all know it.

Glenn, I believe we all have the same end results in mind, I just have a different way of getting there and I'm a bit frustrated with the process I see starting before me. Maybe I’m just a minority here and I need to keep my thoughts to myself.

The only thing you’re missing is I'm looking in from the outside; I have a completely different perception and I guess I have a different way of dealing with things that are bothering me, I go to the source of my frustrations, I work from the top down not the bottom up. I prefer to involve both parties from the beginning to make sure I understand both sides completely. Don’t get me wrong, get info from the group, run it up the flag pole, and then take it to the source.

I have always talked directly with Shannon, Clifton, Todd, and Jay when I have issues.

I think KM had the right approach, I would like to see others follow along.
    DD

(I refer to J&S because Jay is still an owner of NASA Texas, that was made clear a couple times by both of them when I asked about it.)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan
    I have always talked directly with Shannon, Clifton, Todd, and Jay when I have issues.
    Why have a director at all?

Everyone has their "favorite" path to the top. We've all witnessed the tire tracks, hoof prints and muddy feet prints on Todd and Adam's back in order for folks to "get their way".

It's like elementary school ...

CCR, rules, protocol and simple respect be damned ... there is no clear and consistent path in order to have issues addressed.

Ever wonder why the Kalifornia region doesn't seem to have these threads? Doesn't it seem odd? Isn't anyone curious as to why?

It's simple ... racers know who they are supposed to discuss series issues with. There is a clear chain of command and without a power struggle. And the racer's respect that chain.

For those with kids, how do you feel when little Johnny comes up and asks for something, you say no for a legit reason and then Johnny goes and asks Mom and she says yes. Who's to blame?

Dad? Mom? Johnny?

They all are. Mom and dad obviously have 2 different agendas and Johnny knows how to play the 2 of them against each other.

We're no different.

So I ask the question again ... why would ANYONE want to be a director in this disfunctional family?

/rant

Blog Entries
    gotcha.
    i think this is us getting organized before we all get w/ NASATX and realize we all dont agree. if we approch them as a group and say "this is what we think", that would go a long way.

this forum is about the only place to get organized.

what if someone here thinks Todd should and can do it all and there is no need to replace Adam? why not hash that out now.

dont think of all this internet posting as bitching. to this day i still cant understand why posts on the internet always get interpreted as bitching.

you are right about there being alot of bitching here on the board and not enough to NASA TX. but isnt that what Todd is there for? to carry our complaints to NASA TX on our behalf? is that not being done? is he not being our representative?

just asking.

i think it was good of Kevin to ask what we thought of the medals and stuff. we all seemed to agree thats kinda a non issue @ this point. we all agreed the year end stuff was lacking. Kevin can still go and ask NASA TX to provide more bling and he would be willing to pay more for it. he just wouldnt have the backing from this group. he came here for it. he didnt get it.

the big bang meeting @ TWS i thought hashed out what we wanted from our director(s). done and over.
    we also spoke to NASA TX about what we wanted from them. done.
    so 2 of the 5 line items you listed have been brought up to NASA TX's attention. we have not had an event since then, so we have no idea what has changed.

what is happening is we are comming down to our last event and we havent filled the void left by Adam. we havent seen any conversation from NASA TX about it. we havent planned a meeting amoung ourselves to address it. my '07 season starts Oct 23 2006. i would like to leave MSR-H w/ confidence that the 2007 season WILL be better.

David, you have always been a positive person as far as i can tell. it was just strange seeing your post w/ a negative undertone to it.

i hope we all can have a sitdown at the track saturday night and have a civil talk.
    go ahead and start a new thread about line items we need to address.
    there is a positive twist to all this. NASA TX was @ Mid Ohio and they saw how smooth a LARGE event can run. i hope they bring thier expectations up to the level of what was seen @ Mid Ohio.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan
    Why have a director at all?

Everyone has their "favorite" path to the top. We've all witnessed the tire tracks, hoof prints and muddy feet prints on Todd and Adam's back in order for folks to "get their way".

It's like elementary school ...

CCR, rules, protocol and simple respect be damned ... there is no clear and consistent path in order to have issues addressed.

Ever wonder why the Kalifornia region doesn't seem to have these threads? Doesn't it seem odd? Isn't anyone curious as to why?

It's simple ... racers know who they are supposed to discuss series issues with. There is a clear chain of command and without a power struggle. And the racer's respect that chain.

For those with kids, how do you feel when little Johnny comes up and asks for something, you say no for a legit reason and then Johnny goes and asks Mom and she says yes. Who's to blame?

Dad? Mom? Johnny?

They all are. Mom and dad obviously have 2 different agendas and Johnny knows how to play the 2 of them against each other.

We're no different.

So I ask the question again ... why would ANYONE want to be a director in this disfunctional family?

/rant
    not sure why we need to talk about why anyone would want it.
    why would anyone race a ford, a chevy, a front wheel drive car, a rear wheel drive car?
    there are those who feel as though they can make a change and will try no matter how negative of a spin you can put on it.

turn that frown upside down and have a sun shiny day. :wink: