Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hallett and the smoker challenge... GRUB UP!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

Hallett and the smoker challenge... GRUB UP!

It's come up a couple of times already - what to eat at Hallett. No offense to Connie and the cafe...

Sean and I were at the Orange is Fast! gararge last night, mounting up brand-spanking-new RRs onto lightweight cheater wheels (and unloading 3k lbs of 6X12 1/2" i-beam with tow straps, friction, physics, and a couple of engine hoists) and as usual, the topic of food came up.

Our current thought is that he will bring his brand-spanking-new Traeger grill with him.

I'm thinking a rib-fest for Friday night (can get 4 racks done at once) and some brisket (I think we can get about 20lb of brisket on at one time) for Saturday. Maybe cookies for desert.

Texas guys should bring enough for the out of towners to just stumble over with something for the Princess Cups(tm).

HALLETT GRUB and GRAB

1) Richardson - SAT smoker/pellets brisket
    2) Francis/James - FRI pellets - 2 racks ribs - potato chips??
    3) English - SAT sausage/beans
    4) The Claw - SAT night sides
    5) Jordans - SAT night something
    6) Pattersons - FRI ribs/chips
    7) Mosties - FRI/SAT buffalo chicken dip/chips
    8) McCormicks - SAT sides of choice (how fortuitous is the code for the cool smiley being at McCormicks?)
    9) Crumpackers - SAT jalapeno popper dip
    10) Lyons - dessert
    11) need some paper plates / plasticware / paper towels

No pressure to join Stormtrooper and OiF, but don't come beggin' scraps. Bartering with refreshments though... highly encouraged.
    Last edited by cjlmlml; 06-10-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    I can do sausage and beans if you think they would go with ribs. They eat beans for breakfast over here.
    You would think they are on cattle drive or something.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    I can do sausage and beans if you think they would go with ribs. They eat beans for breakfast over here.
    You would think they are on cattle drive or something.
    You had me at sausage.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Sausage and beans will be Saturday night. Have commitments in Tulsa Friday night.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Sausage and beans will be Saturday night. Have commitments in Tulsa Friday night.
    I see-already better dealing us.......just kidding as hope you are seeing some family which you will be with family at Hallett.

I'm always in for a group dinner and after TWS know Francis can grill. What would you like me to bring and for what night? I can do sides. If you are willing to do a brisket then I would be happy to pay for it-never bought a brisket that wasn't already cooked so you might want to pick the cut? Let me know and I'll come up with something.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let me know also. If the wife stays with the grandson Jay and I will eat with you guys. If the wife goes she will want to cook.
    Maybe I can get some of the sausage Frank brings.

I bought a new Saber grill yesterday. Way different then the Traeger but I don't cook brisket.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I owe Sean an offline response from this wekeend.

FRI - I'm think ribs/chips/beverage... couple racks with some chip/dip/drink works for me

SAT - Brisket/sausage/beans... open to suggestions: tortillas/guacamole/shredded cheese/potato salad/corn/green beans

Not offended in anyway if it just ends up being a small group either. No pressure... maybe there will be leftovers. Or not.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I owe Sean an offline response from this wekeend.

FRI - I'm think ribs/chips/beverage... couple racks with some chip/dip/drink works for me

SAT - Brisket/sausage/beans... open to suggestions: tortillas/guacamole/shredded cheese/potato salad/corn/green beans

Not offended in anyway if it just ends up being a small group either. No pressure... maybe there will be leftovers. Or not.
    Dave we would like to be part of this. Do you want more meat and some sides?

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Let me know what we can bring for whatever night. Raegan can bring a buffalo chicken dip + chips for either Friday or Saturday. If there is anything else needed we can plan for that too.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Rookie
    I can bring popper dip for Saturday if someone has space to heat/bake it.
    ~Darcie