Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Service Announcement

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    When I had one done around 40 (overdue for a follow-up) the prep was a gallon or so of liquid, that quite indeed turned everything else to liquid over the next couple of hours.

When I was laying on the table conversing with the nurse that had the key to the box with the good candy, i joked that I noticed the scope was marked in meters.

If you find the right doc, you can stay conscious enough to really enjoy it.

Worst part for me - i woke up thirsty and asked for a glass of water. The nurse got me one, I took a few sips, fell back asleep and wore the rest of the contents.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    James,
    Thoughts and prayers are with you... I had the "jelly finger" exam but haven't yet hit the window for a scope job... Will definitely make sure I keep up with what I should be doing on the tail end...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Heard about this through the "grapevice" ...

Sorry to hear and glad to hear all at the same time.

The first time getting a colonoscopy was the worst.
    Sure, drinking 64oz of metamucil laced powerade zero was bad.
    But all I remember was laying down on the table and waking up about 45 minutes later.

The scarey part were the results. I was scared that something would be found.
    All I could think about was I didn't want to put my family through what we went through with my Mom and Dad.

In all honesty James, I'm surprised Kendra didn't throw you down and give you an impromptu "exam" due to your being hard-headed.
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Thanks guys.. I feel pretty normal so far after the first treatment. 11 more to go.

Mitch... Kendra was on me for a while to either let her exam or go to a doctor. I just kept putting off as nothing, until she finally snapped on me... and I mean snapped big time.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Mitch... Kendra was on me for a while to either let her exam or go to a doctor. I just kept putting off as nothing, until she finally snapped on me... and I mean snapped big time.
    Having lost all the male elders of the family due to heart disease, I know you just have to check the ego and keep up with your health.

When I had the chest muscle cramping with the shingles outbreak, I was 95% sure it wasn't a heart attack since there were no other symptoms but I was on the cardiologist's doorstep before he opened the next day. The preventitive cost are a lot cheaper in the long run - and besides, you can use it as excuse to keep your racing license.

James - the cold/needles thing sounds rough. Hope you feel "good enough" and keep us up to date. Oh, and I sure miss Team Proctor cheering on the 28.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    James - the cold/needles thing sounds rough. .
    That is the worst part so far and I hate to drink anything that is not cold. It is not seriously bad pain, but it is enough you won't do it more than a few times. I sample all drinks before drinking much.

Sipping through a straw helps and it is actually getting better a few days after the treatment.

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar
    James - proud to know you, that you will share this with us, and give a good smack upside the head.

Guys - this is not that big a deal. Stop being such a whiner, and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by chris-CMC#35 View Post
    James - proud to know you, that you will share this with us, and give a good smack upside the head.

Guys - this is not that big a deal. Stop being such a whiner, and get it done.
    Chris.. I really debated whether to tell anyone and at one point I didn't even want to tell my family so as not to worry them.

But.. if anyone listens as the cliché goes then it would be worth it.

BTW.... The finger and scope is way better than the alternatives.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    It's a game of gay chicken that you're guaranteed to lose every time.

Geez James! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Scary shit man.
    Al Fernandez