Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Intro

Quick Intro

I started a thread in the classifieds and got to thinking that it was kind of rude to do that before posting an intro, especially since I'm not in the Tx region. I've been on the National site for a couple years and picked up on this site from there. I've been building an '01 Camaro for about 1 1/2 years. I got the car finished up this spring and ran my first CMC race at NCM. My second event was Road America a couple weeks ago. My racing history began in the late 90's when I bought a 95 Firebird. I eventually built a 94 Camaro for a regional class up in the NW. I stopped W2W around 2004 when I moved back to the midwest. Family, house and a new job had me busy. I heard about CMC back then and it really intrigued me. In fact, I sold my 94 to a CMC racer. My goal was to get back to racing by the time I turned 45 and I missed that goal by 3 years.

I enjoy learning from the large knowledge base here and on the National site. I hope to contribute as well if the opportunity presents itself.

I also look forward to next year's event at Hallett. I lived in SW OK for a few years and Hallett was kind of my home track (even though it was 3 hours away). I haven't been back in 13 years so I'm long overdue. I've watched the videos from the recent events and it looks like some of the best racing, and the posts of the extracurricular activities sound as good.

John
    John
    MW Region CMC #45

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Welcome

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    FYI the Rocky Mountain Region has crossover events in Topeka, KS and Hastings, NE every year which are even closer than Hallett but if you have to pick among those 3, it's Hallett every time. Our group is racing in Hastings this weekend. Not sure how far you drive for Great Lakes/Midwest events but I figure that's some food for thought. Also, High Plains Raceway is a tick over 700 miles and is a real nice track. You're kind of in no man's land up there with the Central region not having a CMC class at all.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJKJ View Post
    I also look forward to next year's event at Hallett.
    You and the Supercharged one can fight over the 45 at Hallett next year... if he shows up after getting trounced by Orange again. (well... maybe in one race)

Welcome to CMC and feel free to ask about anything you can't find an answer to.

First answer - yes, you're probably faster than that other 45.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

I don't seem to recall orange finishing in front of the red dragon in the final this year but then again my memory isn't what it used to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    FYI the Rocky Mountain Region has crossover events in Topeka, KS and Hastings, NE every year which are even closer than Hallett but if you have to pick among those 3, it's Hallett every time. Our group is racing in Hastings this weekend. Not sure how far you drive for Great Lakes/Midwest events but I figure that's some food for thought. Also, High Plains Raceway is a tick over 700 miles and is a real nice track. You're kind of in no man's land up there with the Central region not having a CMC class at all.
    I think we'll make it west for a future event. We planned a mini-vaca with our last long tow to NCM, and CO is a great vaca location so I see a CO vacarace in our future.

Yea, it's disappointing there's no CMC action in the Central region. I'd like to check out MAM, but not worth going as the only CMC car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    You and the Supercharged one can fight over the 45 at Hallett next year... if he shows up after getting trounced by Orange again. (well... maybe in one race)

Welcome to CMC and feel free to ask about anything you can't find an answer to.

First answer - yes, you're probably faster than that other 45.
    Ah, we'll just be Team Red 45. But it is nice knowing the answer to a question before you even ask.
    John
    MW Region CMC #45

And he's got a red car? This fine gentlemen has exquisite taste. Good luck figuring out which red 45 left a smear on the side of orange on their way past!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    And he's got a red car? This fine gentlemen has exquisite taste. Good luck figuring out which red 45 left a smear on the side of orange on their way past!
    Well the sides are gray, and I'm sure it will be you since John will get a point-by... in warmup.

John, welcome back to 3rd grade.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Ah, 3rd grade, I'll be right at home.
    John
    MW Region CMC #45

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Welcome to the group John.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...