Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CMC dead?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

CMC dead?

I just checked the results from east coast nats, 4 CMC cars, all mustangs. I guess CMC is only for rednecks in the center of the USA, not the hipsters on the coasts?
    I wonder what a COTA national event would bring, probably a field of 20 CMC cars.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Considering CMC is dead/nonexistent on both coasts this is of no surprise.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    If nasa went back to One real national champ race and had it at cota I bet there would be a record number of cars.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The first Nats had 23.

I was in Monterey and attended West nats. The attendance was comparable with a regional event in TX. Spec E30 was a big class, the only CMC car I saw was in TTB and won. ST1-3 was a good sized class. One of the coolest cars I saw was an ex AI Camaro with a 7.0L crate engine putting 650hp to the wheels. The car builder got design help from some of the Nascar teams, it was very well engineered. The car ran in SU. It was great to see a car like one
    we are racing able to compete with modified Z06 Corvettes.

Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    I was in Monterey and attended West nats. The attendance was comparable with a regional event in TX. Spec E30 was a big class, the only CMC car I saw was in TTB and won. ST1-3 was a good sized class. One of the coolest cars I saw was an ex AI Camaro with a 7.0L crate engine putting 650hp to the wheels. The car builder got design help from some of the Nascar teams, it was very well engineered. The car ran in SU. It was great to see a car like one
    we are racing able to compete with modified Z06 Corvettes.
    Nice, any other details on that Camaro? A CMC car would get wasted in TTB in Texas, well in CMC trim. If you got the power up to TTB Power:Weight, slapped on some A7's, you could probably be competitive. Thats what would be so cool about a 98-02 F-Body, pull the restrictor and it would be a super easy dual purpose CMC/TT car.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Nice, any other details on that Camaro? A CMC car would get wasted in TTB in Texas, well in CMC trim. If you got the power up to TTB Power:Weight, slapped on some A7's, you could probably be competitive. Thats what would be so cool about a 98-02 F-Body, pull the restrictor and it would be a super easy dual purpose CMC/TT car.
    35 page thread here. Car is no joke. It ran here a couple times @ Nat's w/ AI/CMC as an AIX car during its early build stages.
    May have to register before you can see it.
    http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=14181

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    35 page thread here. Car is no joke. It ran here a couple times @ Nat's w/ AI/CMC as an AIX car during its early build stages.
    May have to register before you can see it.
    http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=14181
    I clicked the link in excitement, then I ran into this

The board administrator is no longer accepting any new registrations at the moment.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries

Last edited by GlennCMC70; 09-09-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Sorry,
    I didn't check tires, the power was up, I want to say 335hp to the wheels. Un-corked LT1/LS1? Way faster than my TTC 2015 Hertz V6/auto Mustang. It had the blistering acceleration of a Spec 944, though it was fun going downhill.

I wanted to evaluate the new Mustang IRS. I would have to defer to Aaron on this matter. The 2015 handled like an overweight Miata to me. It was very forgiving and hard to get into oversteer, but it felt extremely heavy. I would need to weigh the IRS vs a stick axle, but my gut reaction is the solid axle is lighter and more nimble as long as you are used to it's quirks. I have never driven anything other than solid axle though.