Quote Originally Posted by Den34 View Post
I would not use attendance at National events as the barometer of CMC health. I would look towards each region and judge it on a region to region basis. CMC is a very budget minded class and it is expensive to go to a National event with a entry fee of $500 to $700 bucks depending on when you sign up, and that does not include fuel to get there or hotel etc etc... To convince a CMC guy to give up 2 or 3 regional events to go to 1 national show can be a tough sell. In the past 4 years Derek Wright, Kent Owens, Tim Bennett, Spencer Caudle and myself have been pretty regular attendees at National events. Last year at Road Atlanta we made up 5 of the 9 entries. We kind of got tired of showing up to these events and not having many guys from other regions showing up. So this year we decided we were not going to go. Had we all went we would have had 8 cars. We decided to go to Hallet instead.

Bob Denton
CMC Midwest
I think Bob has nailed it. It just cost entirely too much to go a national event when you consider travel, entry fee, tires, brakes... etc.. for a entire week just to race a few cars. Hallett has traditionally had way more than Nats each year.