Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 CMC Rules

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

2016 CMC Rules

I am trying to figure out what is in the pipe for 2016, I am going to submit one for the slotted rotors that we discussed a few months ago, do we have anything else?

---1) Tyler Gardner / TX / #013 / Phone
    ---2) 7.32.8.3
    ---3) Rotors shall be cast iron only and may be vented. No cross drilling is allowed.
    ---4)
    ---------->a) Will decrease series cost because slotted rotors are much easier to find.
    ---------->b) Will promote series growth because slotted rotors are much easier to obtain.
    ---------->c) Slotted rotors provide no apparent competitive advantage and we could share rings with AI in a bind.
    Last edited by mach1; 09-22-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Tubular K members

I am growing tired of welding up K members.
    aftermarket tubular members which accept stock arms are under $500
    Dan Allford #82

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Allford View Post
    I am growing tired of welding up K members.
    aftermarket tubular members which accept stock arms are under $500
    Dan Allford #82
    How about going to a harder tire instead? I'm afraid all we do with tubular K-members is move the issued somewhere else.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    These weren't issues prior to CMC2. Neither were rear ends, transmissions, among other things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    These weren't issues prior to CMC2. Neither were rear ends, transmissions, among other things.
    I disagree. I don't think the changes to CMC2 have any effect on K members. Guys were welding them up back in original CMC trim, too. Plenty of AI Camaro's like Patterson running the stock k-member without cracking. I have had one crack but my car is still running 45 less rwhp than stock. Of course when I go over a curb coming into rattlesnake I don't think the 30 extra hp is what cracks a k member. I don't think the power has any impact on our rearends either and don't see that we have any more problems with diffs than before. Transmissions may be correct but that seems to only be the T5 but again driver input is going to be the biggest factor with it.

I didn't even think there was a road racing k member available anymore? Only weak drag units.

Now I'm all for going to a harder tire.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I disagree. I don't think the changes to CMC2 have any effect on K members. Guys were welding them up back in original CMC trim, too. Plenty of AI Camaro's like Patterson running the stock k-member without cracking. I have had one crack but my car is still running 45 less rwhp than stock. Of course when I go over a curb coming into rattlesnake I don't think the 30 extra hp is what cracks a k member. I don't think the power has any impact on our rearends either and don't see that we have any more problems with diffs than before. Transmissions may be correct but that seems to only be the T5 but again driver input is going to be the biggest factor with it.

I didn't even think there was a road racing k member available anymore? Only weak drag units.

I never tore any of these up until CMC2...then went through several rears and two transmissions. Still haven't torn up a k-member though.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Maybe you guys should buy a mustang. Ford builds k members that don't crack....just sayin haha (kidding)

We need to switch to nittos! They last a long time and have good grip.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 09-25-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post

Where are they cracking?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    Where are they cracking?
    Not sure on all of them of course but I had experience with it cracking at where the factory weld was done. The factory weld isn't the best from what I'm told-chalk up another win for the Mustang.

Procter-if you would use the clutch that wouldn't happen. I know the AI guys have had some diff problems but didn't know of yours. Was yours the trans or the clutch? Or did the clutch cause the trans to get hurt? I think I remember you lost reverse for awhile? How many miles were on that trans and how many on the track? I'm just a big fan of the T56 if it's original or was put together correctly. The T56 to me is the strongest piece in the drivetrain at our power levels.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

The first was just the reverse... stock 165k... not really a racing issue.

The second was the gear rings that made it shift bad. It was repaired. The third I haven't ever torn it apart.. won't shift 2-3.