Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tws

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    It's been discussed in the past, but was dismissed over safety concerns such as unprotected openings in the wall. Also, the timing loop has a problem on pit road, whereas it only picks up the outside half near the grass. It also has problems when it rains (even on the main track).
    What if you started at the end of the hot pit on the out lap? Could save a lot of track time instead of having a slow out lap all the way around before getting a green. If it's on the out lap I don't see how the timing loop could be an issue. Just a thought as I don't know where the unprotected openings are on the wall and if you could start beyond them. Looks like a small field which really surprises me for TWS...wonder if that's the case for all classes..........
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Looks like a small field which really surprises me for TWS...wonder if that's the case for all classes..........
    MSRH had 174 total, TWS is at 212 currently. I have been trying to get a hold of Will F. to talk about my TWS options with my blown motor situation, I have called him, text him, emailed him, nothing...
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

I'm not going to make it, I'm in London right now. Tyler, I'd let you borrow my Camaro but last time I let a fox guy drive my car it didn't end up working out very well for him.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    TWS options with my blown motor situation, I have called him, text him, emailed him, nothing...
    Not a qualified answer but... historically if you touched the track you bought the day. Since you never hit pavement, even if it's a small hit, my experience has been that NASA has rolled me to a following event. Good luck.

Borrow Al's car... you just have to carry Liebbe as ballast and dyno after every session.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    I'm not going to make it, I'm in London right now. Tyler, I'd let you borrow my Camaro but last time I let a fox guy drive my car it didn't end up working out very well for him.
    I'm a chevy guy too , just not a LT1 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Not a qualified answer but... historically if you touched the track you bought the day. Since you never hit pavement, even if it's a small hit, my experience has been that NASA has rolled me to a following event. Good luck.

Borrow Al's car... you just have to carry Liebbe as ballast and dyno after every session.
    I spoke with leadership in Houston, I had 5 mins on track in warmup on Sat, I figured best case would be credit for TWS weekend, worst case maybe 1 day at TWS, he said policy was the whole weekend is gone once I hit track, I don't even get credit for Sunday. I have been trying to get in touch with leadership about Reg for TWS and my situation, not sure if/when I am going to make the event, it will be last minute, looks like the cost has already gone up for TWS so I should have registered before that and perhaps paid a $30 cancelation fee if I couldn't make it, I feel like I have been spit in the face at this point. A friend of mine that has been helping me at the track is getting ready to run CMC in 2016, he has lost interest at this point based on how poor the communication with NASA has been and how after 3 full seasons (TT and CMC) and over $10k spent with NASA they are not willing to give an inch in my situation, I suppose giving a single day credit is worth losing a 3 year customer and a new customer? I remember reading somewhere that the money wasn't in the race groups but HPDE?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I'm a chevy guy too , just not a LT1 guy.

I spoke with leadership in Houston, I had 5 mins on track in warmup on Sat, I figured best case would be credit for TWS weekend, worst case maybe 1 day at TWS, he said policy was the whole weekend is gone once I hit track, I don't even get credit for Sunday. I have been trying to get in touch with leadership about Reg for TWS and my situation, not sure if/when I am going to make the event, it will be last minute, looks like the cost has already gone up for TWS so I should have registered before that and perhaps paid a $30 cancelation fee if I couldn't make it, I feel like I have been spit in the face at this point. A friend of mine that has been helping me at the track is getting ready to run CMC in 2016, he has lost interest at this point based on how poor the communication with NASA has been and how after 3 full seasons (TT and CMC) and over $10k spent with NASA they are not willing to give an inch in my situation, I suppose giving a single day credit is worth losing a 3 year customer and a new customer? I remember reading somewhere that the money wasn't in the race groups but HPDE?
    Tyler I agree with you. When Dave took over I lost an engine at MSRH in R1. I said something about losing the money for the weekend and someone told me I could get credit for Sunday. I had this happen several times in one year as I have a ton of engine issues that year. I completely understand and agree if you touched the track you lose that day but losing the second day is BS. If that is the case we would be better off only signing up for Sat. Then sign for Sunday on Sunday morning if the car is okay. I don't know who changed this policy or if it is just Texas or all of NASA but I agree HPDE must be a better deal for NASA. I'm sorry for you losing your money for Sat. but they have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, but Sunday............again BS.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 10-12-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post

Just don't let the battery go dead or turn off power to the powertrain control module and you will be fine.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    O
    Tyler I agree with you... they have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, but Sunday............again BS.
    I make a living getting paid to manage people's risk - if in fact, the policy is going to be that any track time on Saturday, also exposes me to a complete loss of value on Sunday, then I will consider registering the days separately. Or just wait until after the Saturday races to sign up for Sunday.

This also means that if I ever accept the "deal" to supersize to TT, I'm out twice.

I'm not advocating taking money away from anyone, but it's a two way street.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    Yes, in the past if you broke on Saturday they would give you a credit for Sunday. This year I broke at Cresson on Saturday and thought I would be able to get credit for Sunday as well but Will would not budge on that in a face to face discussion at TWS. I don't like it but that is the policy that is very clear on the signup page and during the signup process.

"Cancellation policy: Full refund less $30.00 processing fee, with notice by 5 days after the event, otherwise no refunds or credits. Once the car goes on track, no refunds or credits. No exceptions."

Tyler turned a lap in warmup so pretty clear and Will already confirmed the policy in Houston which might be why he hasn't responded. If Will didn't give me a Sunday credit I don't see him doing it for anyone else either and this was while I was trying to sponsor a NASA dinner and give away a free race weekend like I had done in the past with Dave Sure wish they would give a credit for Sunday but that's likely the national policy. From their perspective I can understand it isn't there fault just like if I miss a concert, game or a vacation if I didn't buy vacation insurance I am screwed.

Jerry brings up a great point but if you sign up for each day it's more expensive. Don't know what it is in advance but with the $50 late signup fee right now separately it's $259 per day so $518 for the weekend compared to $379. So not really the answer for the angle you are taking here but a nice break for the racer who can only make one day and doesn't have to pay for the full weekend.

Now Tyler's inclination to leave this sandbox due to this is something I have seen from others in the past. Prior to Dave there were racers who quit because of management. If they wanted to go to another sandbox and play in another class I understand but in my opinion if you leave CMC because of NASA management then you are just punishing yourself. It's like not having sex with your wife when she wanted to last night because you are upset with her because she wouldn't do anything with you 3 months ago-you are just punishing yourself. This is just way too much fun for me to be bothered by one person or something out of my control. The lack of communication is definitely frustrating and something that will certainly impact the region over time. Yet, there is enough information from this group to really handle about everything and after years of doing this needing something from management is pretty rare.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Yes, in the past if you broke on Saturday they would give you a credit for Sunday. This year I broke at Cresson on Saturday and thought I would be able to get credit for Sunday as well but Will would not budge on that in a face to face discussion at TWS. I don't like it but that is the policy that is very clear on the signup page and during the signup process.

"Cancellation policy: Full refund less $30.00 processing fee, with notice by 5 days after the event, otherwise no refunds or credits. Once the car goes on track, no refunds or credits. No exceptions."

Tyler turned a lap in warmup so pretty clear and Will already confirmed the policy in Houston which might be why he hasn't responded. If Will didn't give me a Sunday credit I don't see him doing it for anyone else either and this was while I was trying to sponsor a NASA dinner and give away a free race weekend like I had done in the past with Dave Sure wish they would give a credit for Sunday but that's likely the national policy. From their perspective I can understand it isn't there fault just like if I miss a concert, game or a vacation if I didn't buy vacation insurance I am screwed.

Jerry brings up a great point but if you sign up for each day it's more expensive. Don't know what it is in advance but with the $50 late signup fee right now separately it's $259 per day so $518 for the weekend compared to $379. So not really the answer for the angle you are taking here but a nice break for the racer who can only make one day and doesn't have to pay for the full weekend.

Now Tyler's inclination to leave this sandbox due to this is something I have seen from others in the past. Prior to Dave there were racers who quit because of management. If they wanted to go to another sandbox and play in another class I understand but in my opinion if you leave CMC because of NASA management then you are just punishing yourself. It's like not having sex with your wife when she wanted to last night because you are upset with her because she wouldn't do anything with you 3 months ago-you are just punishing yourself. This is just way too much fun for me to be bothered by one person or something out of my control. The lack of communication is definitely frustrating and something that will certainly impact the region over time. Yet, there is enough information from this group to really handle about everything and after years of doing this needing something from management is pretty rare.
    Thanks for that perspective, I better just learn to swallow the "it's our way or the highway" approach if I want to stick around in NASA TX. I have found that in life and in business when things are reasonable you can usually work things out, this is not one of those situations. Also, I didn't want to talk about MSR, I wanted to talk about my options for TWS reg, discuss my options for reg with the fact that I may not make the event, a call back last week would have been nice, before the reg price went up, now I am left with paying the increased reg price. Damn I miss Dave.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net