Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My bad luck with daily drivers

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Car update:
    I have been talking back and forth with Ford and have taken the car to two different dealers to check it out.
    The original dealer had me come back in for a 3rd time so the service director could ride in my car to listen. He heard to noise and said he had driven three other New cars that morning and they all had the same thud but that the noise in mine was louder than the other ones. He said he was scheduling to have a Field Service Engineer come out to drive the car. Fast forward to today when I dropped the car off again this morning and the FSE is supposed to be in to drive the car later today.
    He is apparently the person that will determine if the thud is normal or excessive. I'm not holding my breath...
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    He is apparently the person that will determine if the thud is normal or excessive. I'm not holding my breath...
    "Mr. Mosty obviously you're just not mechanically inclined, as all informed car 'people' KNOW that deadened-purcussive emination is an egineering marvel you should be proud to be experiencing."
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    I think you have officially turned me toward the focus RS and stay away from new mustangs even though they handle awesome haha
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Just put some bullets on the thing so all you hear is exhaust.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    You know the new 2016 Camaro is going to be lighter than the new Mustang, and they come with American made transmissions. Good fix for the that noisy transmission.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Those MT-82s coming out of China, exactly what happens when you have a bunch of MBA-types running car companies nowadays.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    You know the new 2016 Camaro is going to be lighter than the new Mustang, and they come with American made transmissions. Good fix for the that noisy transmission.
    I wonder if Ford will put more aluminum on the Stang in response to the new Camaro.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Does anybody have a contact within Ford that would be able to help me out in getting me in contact with the Field Service Engineer that drove my car? He drove it on Monday and the dealer had me come pick it up and (of course) they deemed it as normal b/c the FSE drove a "like vehicle" that did the same thing.
    When I picked up my car I asked the dealer to ride with me while I drove one of their new cars (they had 7 manuals on the lot) and the one we drove did not make a single noise. It sucks that the car he drove made the noise so they have deemed it as case closed as it seems like it was just dumb luck on the car he drove (unless the dealer set it up for him to drive one that made the noise).

The dealer would not release any info to me from the FSE and when I called Ford they said that was privileged info as well.
    I have found the specific FSE that is assigned to the DFW area and have his name but can not find a number to get in contact with him. Does anyone have any contacts or suggestions for me?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    You can find anyones address/phone number etc if you have their full name. Just dig a little on google.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

I'm not sure stalking the guy is going to help though. lol
    Al Fernandez