Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NASA Texas (Questions, Concerns, Improvements)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar

NASA Texas (Questions, Concerns, Improvements)

Guys,
    I just hung up the phone with Will. He and I had a very productive discussion that focused on both communication as well as the refund policy. Will wanted to ensure that everyone understands that he is a racer first and he grew up with NASA and has personally seen the “hi’s” and “low’s” of what amateur racing can bring. Will is really giving this NASA region his 100%. He has stepped down from the NASA National’s role as Event Director to allow him to put 110% effort into the continued growth of the TX region. He’s trying to strike a balance that provides not only an extremely satisfying weekend for the racers and guests, but also a viable business model that can provide sustained and continued growth and evolution for years to come. We discussed the pro’s/con’s of both previous “owners/operators” of the region and I gave him our feelings on both (good and bad).

He indicated to me that he has his office phone automatically forwarding calls to his cell phone. All emails and/or voicemail will be returned the following business day (during normal 8-5 business hours or approx. 24 hours).

Regarding the race credits, I’m working with Will on setting up a new system that will be a “win/win” for both NASA and the racers. Information on this will be released as we get our ideas firmed up, but the goal is to have something in place for the start of the 2016 season. We will run beta testing on the new system over the off-season to ensure it’s up to speed prior to registration opening for the first event next year.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    That is great news Marshall, thank you very much for getting the ball rolling on this.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think we need to drop down to 6 weekends dedicated to NASA Series sprint races.
    Add a 7th for enduros. 2 8hr enduros with a overall winner each day and a single high average winner for the 2 days.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I think we need to drop down to 6 weekends dedicated to NASA Series sprint races.
    Add a 7th for enduros. 2 8hr enduros with a overall winner each day and a single high average winner for the 2 days.
    That's something that could be interesting.

Will has said he should show up for dinner Saturday night - have one beer before we talk to him and see what we can do to help get those things that we want as a group. Everything seems to be less volatile in person and we're (most of you guys are) adults, we can have difficult conversations.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Guys,
    I just hung up the phone with Will. He and I had a very productive discussion that focused on both communication as well as the refund policy. Will wanted to ensure that everyone understands that he is a racer first and he grew up with NASA and has personally seen the “hi’s” and “low’s” of what amateur racing can bring. Will is really giving this NASA region his 100%. He has stepped down from the NASA National’s role as Event Director to allow him to put 110% effort into the continued growth of the TX region. He’s trying to strike a balance that provides not only an extremely satisfying weekend for the racers and guests, but also a viable business model that can provide sustained and continued growth and evolution for years to come. We discussed the pro’s/con’s of both previous “owners/operators” of the region and I gave him our feelings on both (good and bad).

He indicated to me that he has his office phone automatically forwarding calls to his cell phone. All emails and/or voicemail will be returned the following business day (during normal 8-5 business hours or approx. 24 hours).

Regarding the race credits, I’m working with Will on setting up a new system that will be a “win/win” for both NASA and the racers. Information on this will be released as we get our ideas firmed up, but the goal is to have something in place for the start of the 2016 season. We will run beta testing on the new system over the off-season to ensure it’s up to speed prior to registration opening for the first event next year.
    Thanks for trying Marshall. So sad to see this happening to our region.
    Last edited by BryanL; 01-05-2016 at 10:17 PM.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Thanks for trying Marshall. So sad to see this happening to our region.
    Marshall, what's the latest? What is going to make 2016 the best NASA/CMC/AI/SI year yet?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Marshall, what's the latest? What is going to make 2016 the best NASA/CMC/AI/SI year yet?
    Adam Ginsberg is coming in to co-head NASATX???
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Guys,
    FWIW, in the comments section during registration for every event, I add that it would be nice to go back to a refund policy where if you broke on Saturday, you received a one day credit for Sunday. Figure if enough people mention it, it might sway (doubtful) some minds.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    FWIW, in the comments section during registration for every event, I add that it would be nice to go back to a refund policy where if you broke on Saturday, you received a one day credit for Sunday. Figure if enough people mention it, it might sway (doubtful) some minds.
    Don't hold your breath.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I've raised the concerns... again.
    I had a phone discussion with Will 7-Jan and then again with him at MSR-H about this... I'm still hoping that we can get something out there for everyone.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...