Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NASA Texas (Questions, Concerns, Improvements)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm over this. I talked to Will and he had a point. We come out with $10,000.00 race cars and expect him to cover the next day when we break one of these POS's. I do understand his point. Dave gave this to us and now Will takes it away. He has that right.....I assume there is no NASA National view. Th Isn't? It should be the same everywhere.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm over this. I talked to Will and he had a point. We come out with $10,000.00 race cars and expect him to cover the next day when we break one of these POS's. I do understand his point. Dave gave this to us and now Will takes it away. He has that right.....I assume there is no NASA National view. Th Isn't? It should be the same everywhere.

JJ
    I don't feel like he is covering it if we don't ever use it, a single day credit would be a good gesture for his loyal customers assuming we never used any track time on that day. I broke 2 mins into Sat warmup at Houston, 2 minutes less track time I would have a full weekend credit for the next event vs losing the whole weekend, seems a little out of balance.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I don't feel like he is covering it if we don't ever use it, a single day credit would be a good gesture for his loyal customers assuming we never used any track time on that day. I broke 2 mins into Sat warmup at Houston, 2 minutes less track time I would have a full weekend credit for the next event vs losing the whole weekend, seems a little out of balance.
    Before Dave I never got credit when my car broke. Like I said I wish NASA National would rule on this one way or the other. Why should it be different from one region to another unless the Guys like Will and Dave OWN their regions. If they own it they can do whatever the hell they want to and we can vote with our dollars.

JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Before Dave I never got credit when my car broke. Like I said I wish NASA National would rule on this one way or the other. Why should it be different from one region to another unless the Guys like Will and Dave OWN their regions. If they own it they can do whatever the hell they want to and we can vote with our dollars.

JJ
    So if you bought a super bowl ticket but got sick during pregame and had to leave do they offer you a refund? Are there any other motorsport events that provide a refund if you break? Anyone know what SCCA, other HPDE groups do? I didn't like the change as I was accustomed to what Dave had done. Nobody likes getting their food stamps reduced. I would love to be able to get a one day credit as well but that isn't the case anymore.
    It's likely that the insurance costs are pre-determined based upon the registration. I'm certain the insurance company isn't going to provide a credit to them for the next day if someone breaks. Likewise there isn't going to be a reduction in manpower for Sunday because people broke.
    We just have to make sure our hoopties are mechanically sound enough to make it through a weekend. Trying to get a $150 refund really isn't much when you look at the whole budget. Same reasons why you can't get a warranty for really anything on our cars unless it's a sorry replacement part from the box stores. Where are the 3 race year warranty's on engines and transmissions.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I completely agree with Bryan on this one. I think the refund is something that Dave did in going Well Above anything we expected.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I completely agree with Bryan on this one. We should add weight to the Fords.
    Glad to see you are seeing the light Director.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    We have several guys that spend a grand on a new set of tires for every event. Then we ask for $150.00 back because we broke. Like BL I did not like it at first but after talking to Will I understand where he is coming from. I used to not like to race in the rain. What if half of us left Sat. night because it was supposed to rain on Sunday. How does Will lower his cost for Sumday? I raised as much hell as anyone on this but I can see it from Will's side now.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    In scca if you don't set a tire on the track on one day then they will refund you for that day.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    In scca if you don't set a tire on the track on one day then they will refund you for that day.
    I'm not even really expecting a refund... just a credit for another day.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I'm not even really expecting a refund... just a credit for another day.
    ditto
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net