Guys,
I just hung up the phone with Will. He and I had a very productive discussion that focused on both communication as well as the refund policy. Will wanted to ensure that everyone understands that he is a racer first and he grew up with NASA and has personally seen the “hi’s” and “low’s” of what amateur racing can bring. Will is really giving this NASA region his 100%. He has stepped down from the NASA National’s role as Event Director to allow him to put 110% effort into the continued growth of the TX region. He’s trying to strike a balance that provides not only an extremely satisfying weekend for the racers and guests, but also a viable business model that can provide sustained and continued growth and evolution for years to come. We discussed the pro’s/con’s of both previous “owners/operators” of the region and I gave him our feelings on both (good and bad).

He indicated to me that he has his office phone automatically forwarding calls to his cell phone. All emails and/or voicemail will be returned the following business day (during normal 8-5 business hours or approx. 24 hours).

Regarding the race credits, I’m working with Will on setting up a new system that will be a “win/win” for both NASA and the racers. Information on this will be released as we get our ideas firmed up, but the goal is to have something in place for the start of the 2016 season. We will run beta testing on the new system over the off-season to ensure it’s up to speed prior to registration opening for the first event next year.