Thread: Bad Ass Tow Vehicle FS! $8500 o.b.o.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Bad Ass Tow Vehicle FS! $8500 o.b.o.

Figured I would offer it here first because you guys can appreciate this sort of monster tow vehicle.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Long bed, 8.1L 6spd manual. 163k miles setup to pull pretty much whatever you want to put behind it.

some details:

-Ranch hand bumpers front and rear.
    -Air bags on rear axle
    -Class 4+ hitch rated at 16,000lbs
    -Front tires 40-50%, rears about 80%
    -New brakes front and rear, parking brake pads recently done as part of recall at GM
    -New Bilsteins front and rear
    -New front main seal done at GM dealer within last 6 months.
    -New engine oil cooler lines within last 6 months.
    -Dual remote oil filter setup with -an lines using two larger FL-1a filters.
    -New clutch at 125k miles installed by previous owner...also a racer.
    -has new tonneau cover and a used camper shell available if you want it.
    -Interior is pretty clean for a 14 year old truck. seam in driver seat came apart and was sewn back together.
    -New slide out towing mirrors....1 week old.
    -new headlights 1 month old....very clear!
    -new taillights 1 month old....very red!
    -Dynomax 4" catback system...it's a little loud but good Big Block sound.
    -Can tow 16,000#.....more than the Duramax of same year!

What you should know:

It's a 14 year old truck that has been used for towing most of it's life. 8.1L big blocks sip oil to the tune of a quart every 750-1000 miles. fact of life. They drink gas like Mosty drinks Keystone Light....be happy if you see 12mpg empty. Paint isn't pretty but it's all there! Previous owner had a minor frontal accident and did the repairs so hood to fender gaps aren't perfect but that big ass ranch hand hides most of that! Previous owner also repaired a hickey on the driver bed side and shot the clear after a 6-pack and after the sun went down....there are a few runs in the clear coat but this is a work truck with vinyl floors. You aren't going to Cool River in a Tux in this thing....but I have done that!

I love driving this truck and would walk out the door, fill the tank and drive it to Alaska right now without question but we are buying an RV and need to thin the fleet a little. It anyone is looking for a bad ass tow vehicle to keep around so they can still keep their BMW daily, this thing fits the bill and will provide another 90k miles of service pretty easily. These engines go 225k to 250k miles all the time. I will do my best to post picture here in the next 48 hours but I'm working from the road and have to figure that out. PM with questions.

Thx.

MFW
    Ah, fugg it.

picture as promised
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    2 wheel drive it appears?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    2 wheel drive it appears?
    Yes sir! This is an old picture from when I bought it. The shell is not currently on it and I just installed the slide out towing mirrors.
    Ah, fugg it.