Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar

Very slow lap of TWS video... but still very cool

8:46 laptime... by a drone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxaHTUNGGg
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just incase you do not know as of today it looks like TWS is going to go away. I was told yesterday that the owners will not take track rentals past June. The story is that they will start bulldozing the place right after the last event in June. Maybe a ploy to get it sold but as of right now June is it. MFW you know anything about this?

Track surface looks like shit. Look at all the tracks in the grass. That was the coolest part.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 02-25-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Just incase you do not know as of today it looks like TWS is going to go away. I was told yesterday that the owners will not take track rentals past June. The story is that they will start bulldozing the place right after the last event in June. Maybe a ploy to get it sold but as of right now June is it. MFW you know anything about this?
    Lovely, and I'll be missing our April race there by going to a family wedding in LA.

Running out there this weekend with TDE, hope it's not the last time I run there.

Also found out I'm missing the labor day weekend MSRH race for a friend's wedding, although it is in Baton Rouge and I could try get back for Sunday's racing.

Really sucks when things are starting to "click" with the whole car and racing thing and I'm already out two events for BS.
    Last edited by Pranav; 02-25-2016 at 11:36 AM.

I love TWS but I'm secretly glad that it's going away, there are some safety aspects of the track that really concern me.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    That is pretty cool.. and I guess the theme from the Walking Dead is appropriate for the location it sounds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I love TWS but I'm secretly glad that it's going away, there are some safety aspects of the track that really concern me.
    I understand and agree to a point. If we get a track to replace TWS then fine but if TWS goes away unless we can get into COTA at a price we will pay where do we go for the two races we run there every year?

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I understand and agree to a point. If we get a track to replace TWS then fine but if TWS goes away unless we can get into COTA at a price we will pay where do we go for the two races we run there every year?

JJ
    I hope you like the MSR'zzes
    I think the ECR deal last year was a conspiracy, if I remember correctly the official word is that they were closed for repaving?
    As far as I know they never closed and were open during the weekend we were supposed to be there.
    Last edited by mach1; 02-25-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    I think the ECR deal last year was a conspiracy, if I remember correctly the official word is that they were closed for repaving?
    As far as I know they never closed and were open during the weekend we were supposed to be there.
    And when you go to their web site they still have the year old post about needing money to repave and there is nothing about it having been done.

JJ

Blog Entries
    I believe they've always been open. I thought NASA TX (rightfully) only planned to hold an event there if they did re-pave.

I for one look forward to a season where we double up on MSR Houston and Cresson if TWS goes away. I have an easier time getting to MSRH for cheater practice, and for some reason I have the easiest time driving at MSRC. We will have to "nut up" and take NOLA seriously though, in addition to Hallett, to round out the schedule.
    Last edited by Pranav; 02-25-2016 at 05:06 PM.

I am in Dallas, 16 hours, 1000 miles round trip to NOLA, 2 extra days off work. The surcharge for COTA may be worth it vs a long trip. That being said, I am excited for NOLA this year, does that region have anyone active in CMC?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net