Thread: Fall TWS

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar

Fall TWS

Is NASA TX gunning for a TWS event late 2016? I noticed Oct and Nov were TBA at the moment, was just curious if there were tentative plans cooking.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Is NASA TX gunning for a TWS event late 2016? I noticed Oct and Nov were TBA at the moment, was just curious if there were tentative plans cooking.
    Unless something changes TWS will close for good in June. From what I understand there is an offer on the table but the owners of TWS say it's not enough.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I heard that it has already been subdivided and portions are already owned by another company/person. IE Turn 6 is now owned by someone else.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Was hoping they'd kick the can again.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I heard that it has already been subdivided and portions are already owned by another company/person. IE Turn 6 is now owned by someone else.
    I read the same thing.

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I'm being dragged kicking and screaming to a SECOND COUSIN'S WEDDING in California during our April TWS event, so I am still hopeful we get at least one more extension. I am missing our September event for another wedding, so I get to miss a total of 3 events this year

Paraphrasing Matt (he can chime in in detail here), it's my understanding that the whole thing is still for sale, including the MUD; the sewage treatment permit needs upgrades and zero money has been put in to that. CTH and the current ownership are still some distance apart on price but all it takes is for the current ownership to give in at a certain price point and CTH would be able to buy the track while they still make some money off the deal? The one section being sold off separately apparently throws a monkey wrench in the whole thing though...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I really thought that it would get bought out by folks interested in keeping it as a track. This sucks for Texas racing.