Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyo RR 275/40/17. 4 tires $400

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar

Toyo RR 275/40/17. 4 tires $400

5 heat cycles. They were new at msr cresson.

$400/set. Can deliver to TWS.

aaronmcspadden@gmail.com
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Having not checked the results, I ASSume you fared well at MSRC.

Sold to Casey.
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Having not checked the results, I ASSume you fared well at MSRC.
    Of course, Dennis spun in rattle snake so he had the whole AI/SI/CMC field behind him 30 seconds into the race 3 by shortcutting the track, epic move! It was hilarious, I figured he would offer these tires to me for free because of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQgsnxh8dA
    Last edited by mach1; 03-26-2016 at 11:36 AM.

I was avoiding an accident and I knew my car would get smashed from behind too if I slowed way down so I took the safe option to save my car. It was not done with the intention of passing a bunch of people, just came out that way. And in the future if you have a problem with it even though I did nothing illegal I would appreciate you talking to me face to face about it instead of whining to clifton hours later then having him call me to bring all this to my attention.
    ― Paul Newman

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Of course, Dennis spun in rattle snake so he had the whole AI/SI/CMC field behind him 30 seconds into the race 3 by shortcutting the track, epic move! It was hilarious, I figured he would offer these tires to me for free because of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQgsnxh8dA
    I had a little help from Bill with the spin in rattlesnake.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    I was avoiding an accident and I knew my car would get smashed from behind too if I slowed way down so I took the safe option to save my car. It was not done with the intention of passing a bunch of people, just came out that way. And in the future if you have a problem with it even though I did nothing illegal I would appreciate you talking to me face to face about it instead of whining to clifton hours later then having him call me to bring all this to my attention.
    If a position was gained by shorting the course no matter the reason, the gentleman thing is to give that position back. If there was no gain of position, then there is no action needed.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Aside from it not being the gentleman thing to do, I really had no reason to "whine" to you, this was a NASA issue not a personal one. When it happened on track, I was like, wow, that has to be illegal, and it is, CCR 25.6. But these were special circumstances considering Bill spun Dennis around. I would imagine the same thought ran through your head, "Wow, that worked out well! I wonder if it was legal". I had a similar situation myself where I made a "bad" pass on a driver, after the race I asked that he be repositioned in front of me. The real issue I see is that there was a huge advantage gained with the move, and NASA officials didn't reposition it. This sets a bad precedent and makes NASA competition laughable. If I see a car spin on track, shortcut the track, pass the whole field, and win the race, that is absolutely unacceptable in a NASA competition event IMO. No hard feelings here Aaron, like I said, I am hating the game, not the player.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So now I feel bad. I came up on the stack up and had to either go around or hit them. I know I passed a few cars but I have no idea how many. I will admit I was wondering if what I did was against the rules and I agree with Glenn that I should have let some cars go around me. I promise I have no idea who or how many cars I passed and I expected to be re-positioned after the race. I would have been fine with that by the way. I don't know what the rule should be. At TWS in the rain Michael took Nascar one and while he did not pass Jay (or anyone else) he made up a football field of track on Jay. I was not happy and I told Michael I thought it was wrong. According to the rules it was not wrong and Michael was good to go. Michael and I are good on this and it was not that big of a deal in that race but I see what looks like something that could be used the wrong way. This is not exactly the same but what if you were half a lap behind, is it okay to cut the track and fall in right behind the last place guy saving half a lap?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    is it okay to cut the track and fall in right behind the last place guy saving half a lap?

JJ
    Only if you make it look convincing.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.