Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMC TWS results change

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Sorry to hear about that for Craig even though I believe him that he enjoyed the motor swap-did you have a shortblock with you or have to go get the shortblock? Really appreciate his honesty which I think is great to see in this series.
    Pip and her dad bought it out in the suberban

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Did someone file a protest and force him to dyno?
    "Hallett" type sequence of events. APPARENTLY... in a ford motor all the pistons are supposed to have the valve reliefs horizontal... and move up and down. Not sure why he couldn't compete on 7, it IS a carb motor but whatever.

So ARC sends the other carbed mustang out of the country. Craig's wife, on her birthday weekend, goes to John's shop with her dad, to get let into the shop, to dig out the loaner short block. Meanwhile, Rock is breaking clutch cover bolts and drilling them out while a handful of Chevy guys give directions on how to pull a motor out the top. Short block arrives, ford guys drill and wrench, Chevy guys loan tools, parts, and brains. Bingo, bango... motor back in the 65 letting the RTV cure up overnight. Fired up and timing set Saturday morning in time for qual. Hood sealed and sent to dyno after Sunday rain race.

And here we are...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    "Hallett" type sequence of events. APPARENTLY... in a ford motor all the pistons are supposed to have the valve reliefs horizontal... and move up and down. Not sure why he couldn't compete on 7, it IS a carb motor but whatever.

So ARC sends the other carbed mustang out of the country. Craig's wife, on her birthday weekend, goes to John's shop with her dad, to get let into the shop, to dig out the loaner short block. Meanwhile, Rock is breaking clutch cover bolts and drilling them out while a handful of Chevy guys give directions on how to pull a motor out the top. Short block arrives, ford guys drill and wrench, Chevy guys loan tools, parts, and brains. Bingo, bango... motor back in the 65 letting the RTV cure up overnight. Fired up and timing set Saturday morning in time for qual. Hood sealed and sent to dyno after Sunday rain race.

And here we are...
    My understanding is all it took was a tube of glue and he was ready to go.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post

And here we are...
    Ahh, I thought it was the blue Mustang that blew up again. That's a bummer.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Ahh, I thought it was the blue Mustang that blew up again. That's a bummer.
    That happened too
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    That happened too
    Too bad you guys can't just LS swap your cars.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Too bad you guys can't just LS swap your cars.
    We tried that in AI back in the '06 range and was quickly snipped out of the rules...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    We tried that in AI back in the '06 range and was quickly snipped out of the rules...
    what for? I'd love to put an LS in the mustang.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Yea, that was a dumb rule change. Horsepower is horsepower. Who cares what brand it came from? If you build a durable pushrod 5.0 to AI power levels, pretty much only the architecture comes from Ford. I'd have an LS in my car if the rules allowed.

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I would love an LS in my car. Wait...........

Now to get a real driver