Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOLA Race Report Info?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

NOLA Race Report Info?

In typical NASA TX fashion there are no results up about NOLA. How did you guys do? Wish we could see some results. Sorry to hear about the motor Pranav-horrible luck. Hope to see you guys at Hallett!
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    In typical NASA TX fashion there are no results up about NOLA. How did you guys do? Wish we could see some results. Sorry to hear about the motor Pranav-horrible luck. Hope to see you guys at Hallett!
    No issues with NASA TX on this one, to a certain extend NASA NOLA ran the show and we were all just guests. They've built up their organization over there since we last visited, and ran everything.

Unfortunately corporate fired their IT guy (who was in charge of timing and all the other stuff) Wednesday before the event, so there was a lot of scrambling just to get timing working. Getting grid set was a whole fiasco, and with the car count, I think they were overwhelmed. We weren't a huge fan of the combined race group, but I guess it worked. Post race tech was very laissez-faire, and all of our cars weighed 100lbs or more than usual.

Craig and Tyler took 1st/2nd all weekend. Saturday I took 3rd both days, popped Sunday so Gary Hood and Records took my place Sunday on the podium. Gary Robertson brought the parents out; unfortunately he was not feeling well on Sunday but hung in there and was able to finish (something I couldn't do, lol).

Blog Entries
    Thanks Tyler-guess that is a different link than the results link on the Nasatx.com website. Why am I not surprised.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Nice drive Pranav! I too think the Foxes should have to run 235 tires. The only problem I can see is that Tyler and Craig will figure out how to go even faster with the reduced rolling resistance :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    Nice drive Pranav! I too think the Foxes should have to run 235 tires. The only problem I can see is that Tyler and Craig will figure out how to go even faster with the reduced rolling resistance :-)
    Fun fact, I ran .3 slower on a 3 year old, 30+HC RA1 255 rain tire at NOLA, than a 11HC 275 RR.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Fun fact, I ran .3 slower on a 3 year old, 30+HC RA1 255 rain tire at NOLA, than a 11HC 275 RR.
    Yeah, rub that in. I vote you bring those tires to Hallett too.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    NOLA was a great track and the facility is awesome. The T&S issues were unfortunate but all worked out OK. I managed to flatspot a ~18HC set of RR's in R3. Swapped them to the rear and enjoyed a back massage for R4. Rookie doing rookie stuff.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Yeah, rub that in. I vote you bring those tires to Hallett too.
    Hallett loves junk tires, looks like nola doesnt mind either.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Nice job by the Fox's......again. Great to see a few new names in Thunder so it keeps growing along with an old name or two. Hope lots are making the trip to Hallett, too. I guess there won't be one Miata there after the video I saw today of Will-ouch-I guess he is okay. I did see the AI goat on the fb site-that's cool to see a different car. I was a little late on buying an AI car this month.

Interesting tire info. What about a brand new RR? I would love it for the tires to be like that but the problem seems to be more seeing guys drop seconds when going to brand new RR's. Michael has done stuff like that at TWS and the difference just doesn't make any sense but I think he was faster on say a 18 HC RR compared to a 8 cycle RR.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24