Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOLA Race Report Info?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Nice job by the Fox's......again. Great to see a few new names in Thunder so it keeps growing along with an old name or two. Hope lots are making the trip to Hallett, too. I guess there won't be one Miata there after the video I saw today of Will-ouch-I guess he is okay. I did see the AI goat on the fb site-that's cool to see a different car. I was a little late on buying an AI car this month.

Interesting tire info. What about a brand new RR? I would love it for the tires to be like that but the problem seems to be more seeing guys drop seconds when going to brand new RR's. Michael has done stuff like that at TWS and the difference just doesn't make any sense but I think he was faster on say a 18 HC RR compared to a 8 cycle RR.
    Where is the video of Will?

I have good data on that too, Kevin threw some 1HC RR's on Sunday, Mason was almost a second faster on 10+ HC tires. Bill told me he was fastest on a set of RR's that had the steel belts showing. Craig seemed to get faster the more HC's he got on his RR's, I think they were stickers for qual on Sat.
    Last edited by mach1; 05-25-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

With my car, it didn't seem to make much of a difference how many heat cycles the tires had. The second race on Sunday I was on the same tires and ran 3 seconds fast but was able to get in front of Mason and had a clean track ahead of me. My brake system is jacked and I have to think about half a second before I actually needed the brakes to work so I didn't push any issues with anyone and take us both out. Fun weekend with clean racing by all.........in our group that is. I heard the Thunder Roadsters had some retaliation going on.
    I also have to apologize for that early start on the first race Saturday. The flagger threw the green three times and apparently ours was to be the second, second green not the first, second green. I did't see that text memo come across my phone on the warm up lap.

I have good data on that too, Kevin threw some 1HC RR's on Sunday, Mason was almost a second faster on 10+ HC tires. Bill told me he was fastest on a set of RR's that had the steel belts showing. Craig seemed to get faster the more HC's he got on his RR's, I think they were stickers for qual on Sat.[/QUOTE]

I would be happy to break in those crappy stickers for the hot 10 HC setup at no charge, just send the new tires to my house. I hardly ever spin or go off track :-)
    Last edited by dtanker65; 05-25-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    You guys are hilarious. Can't wait for HALLETT!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    I have good data on that too, Kevin threw some 1HC RR's on Sunday, Mason was almost a second faster on 10+ HC tires. Bill told me he was fastest on a set of RR's that had the steel belts showing. Craig seemed to get faster the more HC's he got on his RR's, I think they were stickers for qual on Sat.

I would be happy to break in those crappy stickers for the hot 10 HC setup at no charge, just send the new tires to my house. I hardly ever spin or go off track :-)[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to accommodate the same offer in CMC. No charge to you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Where is the video of Will?
    On the winding road facebook page but looks like Tam's post. This might be the link. https://www.facebook.com/tam.murray....84358261583850

Wonder if they made him write this after he totaled the Miata. http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...eid=4e618c612d
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

On the winding road facebook page but looks like Tam's post. This might be the link. https://www.facebook.com/tam.murray....84358261583850

Wonder if they made him write this after he totaled the Miata. http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...eid=4e618c612d
    Wow! Thanks for posting, the track was very slick on the other side of the "curbing" there, I guess he just understeered right into the tires.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Wonder if they made him write this after he totaled the Miata.
    I read that too... good reminder given the upcoming crossover weekend.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!