Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallett

Hybrid View

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    MRS MOSTY has arrived!!!! This is Rae under Michael's login for now.

Based on the list that Francis has put together - looks like we need someone to bring plates / napkins and silverware because the Michael Mosty's will bring Buffalo Chicken Dip (you just cant stop eating it!!) and my Deconstructed Mex Corn Side. I'll also have some hot links and cheese as appetizers to pass around while we patiently wait for the brisket to get done. Thank you Dave and Sean for always BBQ-ing for all of us!!!! I am sooo looking forward to the weekend with yall!!!

Who else is eating with us and what FAMOUS dish can you bring?!?!?! Soooo excited!!!
    Rae
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    looks like we need someone to bring plates / napkins and silverware
    I'll bring the plates, napkins, and silverware...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about a donation of cash? Jay is not a fan of BBQ but I would like to enjoy the brisket. I really doubt I will be up for midnight ribs. How bout it Dave? Cash or do you need me to bring something?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Cash or do you need me to bring something?
    Cash is king and point-bys are priceless. I'll only hold you to one.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Almost locked down. I think we're going to be close regardless. OIF/Stormtrooper bringing two smokers. Only real question I have is how big a brisket/or two. We have taters, corn, beans, sausage, etc. for Saturday night. We'll have whatever's still around and cold-beer-getcha-cold-beer for midnight ribs.

Friday is a little more laid back... come find me before lunch and we'll make the call on how much to cook for Friday dinner.

If you said you would bring something - counting on you.
    If you said you would bring cash - counting on you.
    If you haven't responded and you're AI/CMC, we'll figure it out. Show up for Saturday dinner and we should have enough.
    If you want to see what we do, it's not really magic, stop by and watch. Even better, if the track is cold bring the chefs something cold to drink.

Take a deep breath, give the car a once over and let's have a grand time... it's Hallett.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Midnight Ribs(tm) - how did this become a thing?
    I've been doing Midnight Brisket(tm) since at least 2001 - I always leave at least one tip in the smoker for extra extra moist. It's crack.
    For this group IIRC Midnight Ribs was created at MSR-Cresson 2011 when Randy, Dr Frank and I were cooking and we forgot we left about 6 racks double wrapped on Dave B.s grill - around 11PM we noticed the stack as we were cleaning up and there was still quite a few hungry late nighters so...voila . Midnight Ribs - but you trademarked it Dave so you can create the history

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    For this group IIRC Midnight Ribs was created at MSR-Cresson 2011 when Randy, Dr Frank and I were cooking and we forgot we left about 6 racks double wrapped on Dave B.s grill
    I usually miss Cresson, but don't doubt you. We had handed out Friday dinner scraps last year and that had some interested parties asking for pork popsicles on Saturday night. Must be in the AI/CMC genetics.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!