Thread: Hallett 2016

Hybrid View

The Hallett experience was full of highs and lows for me too. Getting the car finished and loaded went down to the wire due to waiting on parts and being stuck out of town for work. I am glad I didn't collect anybody when the brakes failed and I went off in T2 R4. I am looking for new brakes that better defy the laws of physics.

The racing all weekend was really exciting and what an amazing drive Mike had! I don't think I have seen the entire field so closely matched before. I do hope the rules committee will address the advantage the GM cars have over the Mustangs in AI though.....

It was a real privilege to get to race in such a talented group at a fantastic racetrack!

Cograts to Mike P. for such an awesome weekend,glad to have him back. Really happy for Jack that we finally have his car close to where it should be, lap times proved were getting close. The racing was great biggest accomplishment was holding Mike P. off for half a lap. More than suprised we had qualified 2nd for the final in AI. Close ,clean racing all the way around and thanks to the CMC guys for making it easy to get by. Not sure the guy driving the challenger understood the rolling start,you'll see why I mean when the video gets posted. Jack shot himself in the foot a couple of times and it cost him a podium,but thats racing. Hope every one has a good Summer. By the way any body notice the AIX guys were running Hoosiers?

By the way any body notice the AIX guys were running Hoosiers?[/QUOTE]

295 Hoosiers, just makes Mike P's drive all the more impressive.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    By the way any body notice the AIX guys were running Hoosiers?
    295 Hoosiers, just makes Mike P's drive all the more impressive.[/QUOTE]

Who were the AIX cars? Times? Given the fact that ST1 group has sort of gone full retard with $350k Doug Rippie Corvettes with 550rwhp and sequential transmissions, Misty and I have tossed around the idea of coming back to Thunder in the AIX group...assuming there are folks to play with in the 3150# and 450-500rwhp range.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    The AIX cars were S197 Boss Mustangs from Kansas City. Mike Montgomery has been converting his and James Strader's cars to AIX.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard the guy that was not happy about our Shootout format packed up and left? The guy that said "I've been to Nationals and that is NOT how they do it". After driving that far he just left because we did not do things the way he wanted them done? Do I understand this correctly?

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I heard the guy that was not happy about our Shootout format packed up and left? The guy that said "I've been to Nationals and that is NOT how they do it". After driving that far he just left because we did not do things the way he wanted them done? Do I understand this correctly?

JJ
    Was it the inverting grid for qual races part? If so, I get that....just sayin'. The rest of the format seems spot on. Qual. Races for points. Points scored determines grid for final race.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    The AIX cars were S197 Boss Mustangs from Kansas City. Mike Montgomery has been converting his and James Strader's cars to AIX.
    We have been away for a while so not familiar with those folks or cars. Part of the reason I was throwing the idea out there and seeing if it snagged any interest. Maybe even run Nittos and have a fun series with power on crap tires and just put smiles on our faces without breaking the bank on purple crack and spending contests...
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar

At least the transmission is okay...

100,000 street miles
    12 years of racing
    Stock Trac-Lok
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...