I got all my sisters with me!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I got all my sisters with me!
    The Sister Sledge reference is messing with my mind...a drunken midnight drag queen performance by Tyler, Jerry, and Pranav is now stuck in my mind. I may never sleep again. Thanks for that. And the rest of you are welcome for the image now as well.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    The Sister Sledge reference is messing with my mind...a drunken midnight drag queen performance by Tyler, Jerry, and Pranav is now stuck in my mind. I may never sleep again. Thanks for that. And the rest of you are welcome for the image now as well.

Tyler is the one with the "We are family" I just remembered the song.

JJ

Thanks Rob...... I dipped in for some free technical gear set up data and now I have that image burned into my noggin :-)

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    And of course YMCA!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    And of course YMCA!
    Settle down there Princess Lea. 8-)
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reco Rob, they're doing good work. It's on the rack now but they were having trouble getting good shock tower measurements with the lasers so an adapter for that is due in Monday.

I brought it in because my DRIVER's side can't seem to get enough negative camber. However initial hand measurements are showing the PASSENGER shock tower is pushed IN giving me more than usual negative camber on that side while they are not yet sure on the driver's yet.

As it sits, when I center my subframe and max out the LCAs, my driver's side maxes out at around -1.6* while the passenger goes all the way to -3.1. From what I understand most 4th gens max out in the high 2s so their initial assessment seems right for the passenger side. There is 1/4" of slack on the subframe side to side that can even the camber a bit, but the swaybar ends up being crooked if I go this way.

I'll probably ask that they pull the passenger out the least amount possible.

Anyways, about the driver's side, any of you 4th gen guys can stick more than one finger between the master cylinder barrel and their shock tower? We think my passenger tower has been lifted, likely when I bottomed out hard when going into the wall last year. There isn't much room left to pull the shock tower IN laterally. Hopefully the computer measurements should prove this as they don't have reliable way to get height measurements until the adapters come in.
    Last edited by Pranav; 07-09-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    The frame rails were fine, but they found that the shock towers are actually sucked inwards a little towards the engine. Straightening them back out would only decrease my camber further, so I paid the for the diagnosis and took it home.

I had already ruled out the subframe and LCA, but I suspected that maybe the upright I put on last summer after the Hallett incident was the culprit, so I swapped it and had no change in results. I measured/check all three of my driver side uprights and wasn't getting anywhere. With the subframe centered I was at -2.9ish passenger, -1.6ish driver with both LCAs maxed out.

Sliding the subframe over would move just under -0.5 degrees from the passengers to the driver's but I didn't like how it made the swaybar sit crooked, and I need to get both sides closer to -2.5*

Not knowing what else to do, I slotted the hell out of the UCA mount and got the driver's side down to -2.5. With a tiny nudge of the subframe over and I'll end up with equal camber on both sides at around -2.7, then dial it down to -2.5 for both sides. Glad to finally have it fixed, hopefully my front tires will be much happier at the next event.
    Last edited by Pranav; 07-17-2016 at 11:42 PM.