Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111
I would tend to disagree about the speed at which the color orange travels.
Don't listen to the red/yellow McD car, he just doesn't get enough oxygen up there in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGT5oh
Can a new person come in and be competitive, or is this series geared more to those who have doing this for years and spent big dollars (I realize big dollar is a subjective term) to be at or near the top?
Guessing you're a mustang guy... we have fast Fox and SN-95 cars, we have fast 3rd and 4th Camaros. To some degree a bigger tire budget will keep you higher up "the list." Rules are really close to where they need to be - except you'll hear some conversation about tweaks that could/should/would be made *cough*foxbodytoolight/4thgentooheavy*cough*

It's not about cubic dollars - it's about reliability and consistent preparation of the car, driver development and sportsmanship. We race hard and the group would rather beat you on track than have you broken in the paddock.

Experience has shown that this group, and the way it competes is not for everybody. We had someone at our June race, who didn't understand the format of qual-standing/invert-rolling/invert-rolling/qual-standing express great distaste and I think left. We've had folks give it a year or so and find the inverts and close/aggressive racing not to their liking.

Best advice I can give is what I did when I started - come meet the group, look at and take pictures of cars (please ask before you take any pictures out of courtesy), watch the racing, watch the year end videos...

Houston race is Labor Day weekend - Sept. 3-4
TWS is closer to you (might be the last, last-last, last race ever) Oct. 14-16

Come on out. And don't listen to that Super111 dude... he drives a Corvette.