Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Houston results changes for CMC

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Dave's car is EFI and hits the same dyno every year. That dyno is very consistent too. Most cars here pump out the same numbers year after year. Ken's car was one of those until this year when it decided to make an extra 20 some hp.

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Totally, John was very upfront about it right from the start of the weekend. I would be worried about running a carb and inconsistent numbers. My EFI car has been on 3 different dynos (all in DFW though) and run with 4 different motors and always been within 5hp.
    Good point Tyler. I agree. What we need is a 7hp carb allowance on Dyno checks.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Good point Tyler. I agree. What we need is a 7hp carb allowance on Dyno checks.
    Agreed!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Agreed!
    Look, that's two for AIX... no more dyno issues. (says the guy who can't read a tape measure or a scale. we'll put about 75lbs more in the 15 before we get to TWS)
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

You already have a 7hp allowance...target power is 260
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    You already have a 7hp allowance...target power is 260
    Wrong. That maybe your target but not the target for certain cars/tracks. That was proven out in Cali on the high speed tracks that it's better to run the higher hp numbers-now it's even more skewed with the weight breaks. Change up the weight breakdown so it's not an advantage to run over 260 and maybe then you would have 260 as a target. The Fox can run 7 more hp than an LS car and still weigh 100 pounds less. I think we have seen what 7 more hp can do on some straights.

This makes me curious about the carb guys. Do you guys have to have multiple dyno runs with different jets? Or do you run the same jets all season?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    This makes me curious about the carb guys. Do you guys have to have multiple dyno runs with different jets? Or do you run the same jets all season?
    The rules state that a carb car can change jets to facilitate tuning. I take this to mean that I can change jets when necessary to maintain a consistent air to fuel ratio. Before a dyno? I don't have that answer.

7.21.1 The jets, metering rods, needles, etc in the stock / spec carburetor may be changed to facilitate
    tuning.

I typically only change jets for altitude changes. With a single jet size I see 12 -13 A/F from Dallas to NOLA. But Hallett and Colorado are very different jet sizes to maintain that A/F ratio.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Wrong. That maybe your target but not the target for certain cars/tracks. That was proven out in Cali on the high speed tracks that it's better to run the higher hp numbers-now it's even more skewed with the weight breaks. Change up the weight breakdown so it's not an advantage to run over 260 and maybe then you would have 260 as a target. The Fox can run 7 more hp than an LS car and still weigh 100 pounds less. I think we have seen what 7 more hp can do on some straights.

Foxes run 150# lighter, SN95/Edge can run up to 100# lighter.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Foxes run 150# lighter, SN95/Edge can run up to 100# lighter.
    More correct to say foxes are able to run 150# under. In my case my racing snake physique puts the 65 fox 70# over on the scales.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

Anyone is welcome to have multiple dyno's for various setups. Ex, you can have a 260 hp dyno for certain tracks and a 265 hp dyno for different tracks.

Any change to carb jets will require a new dyno. The dyno form has a spot for jet sizes so if tech is performed, the jets in the carb must match the jet size on the submitted dyno.
    I have had many recommendations for more tech items confirming ignition timing, fuel pressure, etc. This would be something that falls into a similar category.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region