Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 TWS Projections

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I would love to find a city that would host an amateur street course race.
    Don't they normally run like a Ferrari Challenge when they do the Houston GP...just saying those guys are pretty much club racers with HHHUUUGGGEEE bank accounts. We should be able to sell someone on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    LOL, that'd be an immediate first and last with CMC.
    We only need one!!!
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Don't they normally run like a Ferrari Challenge when they do the Houston GP...just saying those guys are pretty much club racers with HHHUUUGGGEEE bank accounts. We should be able to sell someone on this.

We only need one!!!
    It'd be the "hey, do you guys remember that one time. . .". So if there is no TWS, ECR is the closest but is it worth splurging an extra couple hundred miles for MSRH?
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Curious why folks don't like NOLA besides the long tow? Went there for the first time this year and thought the facility and track was great.
    Personally, I think it is a fun track to "drive". As a "race" track, I think it sucks. Just too few passing opportunities IMO.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Personally, I think it is a fun track to "drive". As a "race" track, I think it sucks. Just too few passing opportunities IMO.
    I agree with that. My spousal unit loved NOLA due to the variety of air conditioned buildings and the fact she could get chargrilled oysters for dinner.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    In my humble opinion.....and closest to the scuttlebutt of College Station, the finances to do anything even remotely related to converting the TWS track property into a housing development are non-existent. Don't let the missing VIP stands scare you guys when you arrive in a couple weeks. They probably just need money for toilet paper! lol!

So many rumors flying around but I honestly don't see the track going anywhere unless a giant hole opens up and swallows it. It's the ONLY revenue stream they have and honestly, it isn't that much. So far, I've been right.
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah and I heard the current garage tenants haven't even been asked to move yet?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    In my humble opinion.....and closest to the scuttlebutt of College Station, the finances to do anything even remotely related to converting the TWS track property into a housing development are non-existent. Don't let the missing VIP stands scare you guys when you arrive in a couple weeks. They probably just need money for toilet paper! lol!

So many rumors flying around but I honestly don't see the track going anywhere unless a giant hole opens up and swallows it. It's the ONLY revenue stream they have and honestly, it isn't that much. So far, I've been right.
    I hope you are right Matt. If it does not close the owner is going to look like an even bigger Tool than he already does. With the oil bidness being what it is today and a ton of investment money coming from guys swimming in cash when oil is $100.00 a barrel I don't see it but my contacts say it's closing. What about the story about the lot that turn six is on being sold already? If that was true how are we still able to use turn 6?

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 09-30-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I hope you are right Matt. If it does not close the owner is going to look like an even bigger Tool than he already does. With the oil bidness being what it is today and a ton of investment money coming from guys swimming in cash when oil is $100.00 a barrel I don't see it but my contacts say it's closing. What about the story about the lot that turn six is on being sold already? If that was true how are we still able to use turn 6?

JJ
    turn 6 sale was just posturing to set prices per acre.

The only other platting or site documentation work that has been done I can find is all the commercial work out front which doesn't even line up with the original site plan released a long time ago. Only money flowing in is the track rentals, minus costs. If there was real money involved AND a plan, there would be equipment out there on the frontage moving dirt 18 months ago. Froy hasn't even mowed that shit.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Back in 1976, 1977 Austin hosted the "river city road races" on 1st street going through downtown. My dad still has the framed poster of the event when he competed in it. Looked pretty cool!
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    From the people who rent the track: TWS has significantly raised the price to rent the track and only very recently put out feelers to rent dates for next year. At this point, any decent group would have already locked down next years schedule. Also, there is some expensive maintenance that would need to be done to keep events viable. Expenses that you wouldn't execute on if you weren't sure things were going to continue.

Between the price, the schedule, and conditions, groups are saying no or signing up for minimal events. Who would have guessed that the Third Annual Last Ever TWS Event wouldn't have that much hype? Speculation is that they will have a lot of open weekends and make less money than they would have if they weren't playing these games. Seems to me that the place is going to collapse under gross mismanagement and sit there for years before the whole thing is abandoned at a loss...

Richard P.