Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 TWS Projections

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    From the people who rent the track: TWS has significantly raised the price to rent the track and only very recently put out feelers to rent dates for next year. At this point, any decent group would have already locked down next years schedule. Also, there is some expensive maintenance that would need to be done to keep events viable. Expenses that you wouldn't execute on if you weren't sure things were going to continue.

Between the price, the schedule, and conditions, groups are saying no or signing up for minimal events. Who would have guessed that the Third Annual Last Ever TWS Event wouldn't have that much hype? Speculation is that they will have a lot of open weekends and make less money than they would have if they weren't playing these games. Seems to me that the place is going to collapse under gross mismanagement and sit there for years before the whole thing is abandoned at a loss...

Richard P.
    Yep. And after additional rumors heard from this past weekend, that is exactly what I more or less predicted 3 years ago. Should make for a nice bargain to buy a racetrack this time next year!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Just got this note from Dell Hughes at Track Guys...

"We just got word that TWS will be open for 2017 so we will be putting on the Track Guys Third Final Lone Star Round Up for 2017.

Still working on dates but I have requested March 24-26, which would be our normal weekend. I will let you know what weekend we get and if we can get another weekend for 2017.

Hope you can join us.

Dell R. Hughes
    Track Guys Performance Driving Events"

We'll see what happens I guess.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why the hell would the dumbass tear down the VIP stands? I'm sure it cost him more to have them torn down and hauled off than he got for the scrap. That was the only good place to watch the races where you could see most of the track. I don't get his reasoning.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    In talking with Sam. The city came in and to get him to the proposed "value" of the track that he wanted to sell it for, they identified some of the track "structures" to add value to. Unfortunately now that puts him in the hole on taxes so he's systematically dismantling the track bit by bit to lighten his tax burden. That is why the aluminum stands (where we couldn't go anyway) were removed and several structures behind the press box were also removed.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Why the hell would the dumbass tear down the VIP stands? I'm sure it cost him more to have them torn down and hauled off than he got for the scrap. That was the only good place to watch the races where you could see most of the track. I don't get his reasoning.

JJ
    It's even worse than you think. NOW they can't do the TWS drags because those folks have nowhere to watch the racing from. Killed that EASY revenue. LOL! As for cost, Froy is doing it stick for stick so it's a sunk cost. It's taken him MONTHS to do just a 1/3 of it. I was joking with Froy the other day that if the plan is for him to do ALL the work to develop the place, the track will be there another 20 years! We laughed!
    Ah, fugg it.