Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2016 TWS - Pics, Video, and Musings

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    Just kidding, had to respond to Bryans's annual lament.
    The LS is very tough to beat in AI.
    I think the foxes are fast because the drivers are good and they know their cars very well
    Wrong. You obviously don't know the difference from my kidding and my lamenting. The results will be in a separate thread but don't see how you could call results as lamenting. I was joking about MC which has nothing to do with AI. I think AI is certainly built around the S197-its the car that can't be beat.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    Just kidding, had to respond to Bryans's annual lament.
    I just went through the other thread. I take Bryan at his word that the facts are as he says.

"Every fast lap in qual or race in CMC was by a Mustang."

Every.

I have made no bones that I have becoming increasingly concerned since Hallett. I think of myself as a midpack slacker and was consistently the third/fourth fastest car that weekend, on a track I just work well on.

I'm trying to separate posturing from facts but in no way do I believe anybody is sandbagging to get a rule change made.

Generally speaking, I think it's close... but what have we changed in the last 2 years? I tried looking up some of the RCRs/Director's Cut for 15/16 and hit dead links.

Time for rewards track reduction/weight additions... (maybe that's me kidding)
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Time for rewards track reduction/weight additions/skinny tires... (maybe that's me kidding)
    Oh man, I'm ready for my rewards!!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Generally speaking, I think it's close... but what have we changed in the last 2 years?

I'm pretty sure the complaints about parity started more than two years ago... http://www.aicmctexas.com/showthread...irity-Progress!

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    What happened with the 47, looks like you had the right to be there.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I didn't have position before the turn. It was my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    I didn't have position before the turn. It was my fault.
    It looked like you had enough to be there, but he gave you more than 3/4 of a car width so I can see the fault.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My car is 1/4" over OEM track thanks to the rules. I dropped over an inch. At the same time, I had to add 50lbs. Not sure if the fox dropped weight or not aroumd the same time. I recall a 150lb swing - some taken from one and added to another.
    Cannot deny that the GM's are finishing worst now then the fords did when the rules shift started. At the time, Mosty's performance was all but ignored and the remaining field was used to justify the change. Now we are ignoring the whole GM field and wishing GM drivers who are not racing now were there to prove GM's are still competitive. Seems crazy.

Varner, Mosty did well in Fox back in the day.
    Burch and Wurtz did well in a 3rd gen back in the day.
    Landrum and Proctor did well in a 4th gen back in the day.
    Keep in mind one thing. If 1 driver of a single platform can get X performance out of the car, all cars of that platform are capable of the same. But we ignored that a few years back. Was adjustment needed? Possibly. Seems we did too much in the name of drawing in cars of a certain platform for the sole purpose balancing platform #'s and not the performane envelope.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I'm pretty sure the complaints about parity started more than two years ago...
    Agree; my memory is that the last two have been fairly static rules years, and that the Mustangs seem to be progressing much better than the GMs. Still on the fence but leaning that something should give.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Cannot deny that the GM's are finishing worst now then the fords did when the rules shift started.
    My understanding of the intent of the series is that the best drivers will be door to door at the finishing line, more often than not, regardless of platform.

I've said it out loud before that I know Tyler and Craig spend much more time and effort than I do and they reap their due rewards.

May need to do some AIX "fun runs" in 17.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!