Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Mustang Challenge Review 2016/2015

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Texas Mustang Challenge Review 2016/2015

2016 Texas Mustang Challenge Year in Review

Every fast lap of racing or qual all year was by a Fox (McCormick/Gardner) {The Fox is Dead, Long Live the Fox}

Mustangs were on the podium 83% of the time for 2016.

GM didn't have a win in a Toyo race all year.

During Toyo races GM only had 4 podiums compared to 32 for the mustang or 89% of the time.

GM had 4 wins out of 24 races. #1 was a rain race #2 was an invert #3 was an invert #4 was in invert but the four fastest mustangs were either running AI, broke, or a different driver.

2015 Mustang Challenge Year in Review

Every fast lap of racing or qual all year was by a Mustang. (Mcspadden - 2/ Mosty - 2/ McCormick - 1)

Mustangs were on the podium 72% of the time for 2015.

Gm had one win in a Toyo race.

GM's other 3 wins were all inverts with one an inverted shortened race won by Leinart
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    Wait until I swap the 5.3 in my car.

If I can set the CMC lap record in the wet at MSRH like I did last year in an overweight LT1 car, imagine what I can do when I put the "superior" back in to the Superior Platform (TM)

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    ROTFLMFAO!!!

Boudy

Dang Bryan

I am liking the S-197, it's robust but damn heavy. Trying to shed 100+ pounds from the car weight to get to the hp/weight limit and I hate f**kin broccoli.

I am not even close to MikeP yet. I think my car was pretty evenly matched with Casey's car, but he just out drove me last time we raced together. Kevin and his GTO are very fast, Mason in his Cobra and Bill too.

McSpadden is a National Champion in CMC, just sayin, he and Jack Murray are two of the most talented drivers I have seen.

Racing a Fox seems as much an art as a skill, like flying old airplanes. They seem way too delicate for my driving style.

The platforms all have their plus' and minus' but it seems, if properly prepared, any one of them can win in the right hands.

God bless Texas and all of the fierce competitors in Nasa Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    2016 Texas Mustang Challenge Year in Review

GM didn't have a win in a Toyo race all Year
    Commiserations mate. I'm liking Glenn getting his car back together and James starting to think about it again......who knows maybe GM is on its way back

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudy View Post
    ROTFLMFAO!!!

Boudy
    Awesome. You haven't posted in probably 4 years but you are immediately on this. Makes me want to dig up your posts from 4-5 years ago. So where is your old Fox?

Dennis-this only has to do with CMC.

Craig-no reason for pity.

It's simply the results. Now everyone go enjoy Taylor Swift. I'm going camping.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    During Toyo races GM only had 4 podiums compared to 32 for the mustang or 89% of the time.
    Technically I would call that 5. If we had just checked the front track width at Hallett, the second would have stood, if Craig had still broke - butterfly effect and all.

See, slightly better than you thought.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

After driving Paul's LT1 earlier this year I fell in love with the platform/engine, if it was in the cards I would love to build a 4th gen to run in 2017. The torque was to die for, the stability of the chassis reminded me of my 2015 Mustang, you could throw it into a corner all wrong and come out on the other end just fine.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    After driving Paul's LT1 earlier this year I fell in love with the platform/engine, if it was in the cards I would love to build a 4th gen to run in 2017. The torque was to die for, the stability of the chassis reminded me of my 2015 Mustang, you could throw it into a corner all wrong and come out on the other end just fine.
    Tyler,

I wish you had some times in Paul's car that you could share. I'm not smart enough to know how much difference there would be in a Fox (or SN95, SN99) and a fourth gen but the Mustang for sure has a less sophisticated suspension. You could not find a soul that would rather have the Mustang suspension over a fourth gen. so I still believe the Mustang deserves some kind of help. How much help I have no idea. If you can go out and run faster lap times in Paul's heavier car then that would kind of prove the point. Rob has driven both and he says the Camaro is "easier" to drive but easier does not necessarily mean faster. Maybe the difference is so little that we can't use hundreds of lbs. to make things evan. I would be willing to let my Trackmate be used to see if there is really a difference and how much of a difference.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 10-21-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Tyler,

I wish you had some times in Paul's car that you could share. I'm not smart enough to know how much difference there would be in a Fox (or SN95, SN99) and a fourth gen but the Mustang for sure has a less sophisticated suspension. You could not find a soul that would rather have the Mustang suspension over a fourth gen. so I still believe the Mustang deserves some kind of help. How much help I have no idea. If you can go out and run faster lap times in Paul's heavier car then that would kind of prove the point. Rob has driven both and he says the Camaro is "easier" to drive but easier does not necessarily mean faster. Maybe the difference is so little that we can't use hundreds of lbs. to make things evan. I would be willing to let my Trackmate be used to see if there is really a difference and how much of a difference.

JJ
    My times were way off but the car had a bad opti, 4600rpm is about all it would pull, the diff was blown, torque arm wasn't tight, etc. Based on feel it was great in the corners, but who knows if that would translate to a fast time. Now that the car is sorted maybe he will let me drive it at MSRH and we can compare.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net