Thread: CMC Mustang Build

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

CMC Mustang Build

Member "Matthew Smith" is having issues getting his account activated so I am posting this for him. Can someone activate his account?

Good afternoon, I am a newbie to road course driving, mainly drag racing is where I have spent all of my time. I recently moved and I hear can the cars at the cresson race track on the weekends. Man they sound good. I have a few questions about cage requirements/ configurations for CMC mustangs. I have talked to several local shops but they are expensive and are trying to sell me more than I believe is needed. If you have the time, I would like to speak about CMC, cars and rules.

I have tried to post this question on the forum and I still do not have the permissions. I've emailed and messaged the administrator but have not heard back from them. Today, I wanted to see if I could send a pm to someone and just happen to be reading your add for the tires. No real reason. I'm not a Ford or Chevy guy persay just a Die Hard mustang fan. I own 2, was hoping to see/talk to someone about CMC and possibly start small with my 87 Coupe.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Matthew is in the system... I sent him a PM. I do think there are some authorities to be granted for a couple of the more "rowdy" sections in the forum.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    First suggestion, read the CMC rulebook, it's pretty short all things considered. Read it several times. To cut to the chase, put some gt40's on a 5.0 with an E-Cam, T5's seem to break a lot so get a 3550/TKO in there. Good shocks/struts, the higher rate H&R springs seem to be popular. When your account is able to post, ask any other questions you need!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Matthew is in the system... I sent him a PM. I do think there are some authorities to be granted for a couple of the more "rowdy" sections in the forum.
    Where are these rowdy areas at??

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since you can't see them, we know the system is still working as designed.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Welcome back Glenn!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Welcome back Glenn and welcome Matthew!

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum that you can tap to build a car. Consider buying a ready to race car as well, there aren't any lemons running in this region. I agree the Mustang is superior, but I am still having some issues with Camaros that seem to end up ahead of me at the checkered flag....