Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Rules

NEW Rules

NASA Texas Supplemental Rules Version 1.1

These rules supersede the CCR where there’s a conflict:

Racers and Time Trial (This does not apply to HPDE)

1. Any competitor’s first offense of a pass made under a single standing , waving, or double yellow will result in the usual penalties per the CCR. A second offense will result in a 2 race suspension, as well as the usual penalties. A third offence will result in a license suspension.

2. Drivers with a provisional license must present their Provisional License booklet to the Race Director at, or before, the 1st driver’s meeting.

3. Drivers need to check their grid space number before heading to Grid for Race sessions.

4. Drivers /Teams are responsible to make sure their data with T&S is correct before the end of the event on Sunday. Data such as member # or Team #, or class which is critical for points calculation, will not be changed after the event.

5. Effective June 1, 2017; All Racers are required to run at least one forward facing video camera that is operational and practical that records in digital format immediately viewable in windows media player. All cars must record every session including practice, qualifying, and races. NASA Race Directors will use footage as necessary. Drivers may retain video for personal use only under limited license. Posting videos online for non-commercial use is permissible. Lack of available video when requested may result in a fine and/or loss of track time. This is not applicable to Time Trial.

6. All Race Groups and Time Trial will have one weekend worth of drops for season points.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR81 View Post
    5. Effective June 1, 2017; All Racers are required to run at least one forward facing video camera that is operational and practical that records in digital format immediately viewable in windows media player. All cars must record every session including practice, qualifying, and races. NASA Race Directors will use footage as necessary. Drivers may retain video for personal use only under limited license. Posting videos online for non-commercial use is permissible. Lack of available video when requested may result in a fine and/or loss of track time. This is not applicable to Time Trial.
    a.)Or what?
    b.)What are the required formats - b/w or color, resolution, frame rate?
    c.) Where the license language?

Is there some more color on the drivers for this?

Not sure I like the "mandatory" implications in an amateur series.

On edit: Would have been nice to put a News heading on the NASA TX site instead of just in the Forms/Rules section.
    Last edited by Fbody383; 12-23-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    a.)Or what?
    b.)What are the required formats - b/w or color, resolution, frame rate?
    c.) Where the license language?

Is there some more color on the drivers for this?

Not sure I like the "mandatory" implications in an amateur series.

On edit: Would have been nice to put a News heading on the NASA TX site instead of just in the Forms/Rules section.
    I'm good here, I record every race at 320x240, 1fps, 16 color.
    So we don't own our own video anymore?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Agreed.
    Last edited by mach1; 12-23-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR81 View Post
    NASA Texas Supplemental Rules Version 1.1

These rules supersede the CCR where there’s a conflict:

Racers and Time Trial (This does not apply to HPDE)

1. Any competitor’s first offense of a pass made under a single standing , waving, or double yellow will result in the usual penalties per the CCR. A second offense will result in a 2 race suspension, as well as the usual penalties. A third offence will result in a license suspension.

2. Drivers with a provisional license must present their Provisional License booklet to the Race Director at, or before, the 1st driver’s meeting.

3. Drivers need to check their grid space number before heading to Grid for Race sessions.

4. Drivers /Teams are responsible to make sure their data with T&S is correct before the end of the event on Sunday. Data such as member # or Team #, or class which is critical for points calculation, will not be changed after the event.

6. All Race Groups and Time Trial will have one weekend worth of drops for season points.
    I agree with this on everything except this statement "Drivers may retain video for personal use only under limited license. Posting videos online for non-commercial use is permissible."

If it's my camera in my racecar, isn't it my property to do whatever I want with?

Anyone someone with some legal knowledge can enlighten me on why they wrote this rule that way??
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I agree with this on everything except this statement "Drivers may retain video for personal use only under limited license. Posting videos online for non-commercial use is permissible."

If it's my camera in my racecar, isn't it my property to do whatever I want with?

Anyone someone with some legal knowledge can enlighten me on why they wrote this rule that way??
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. So if I send my video to Winding Road, they cannot use it for promotion?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. So if I send my video to Winding Road, they cannot use it for promotion?
    Hey folks,

Sorry for the confusion here. I wrote the rule based on the Membership terms from the CCR.

From the CCR:
    1.3.2 Membership – Terms and Conditions
    ... All members agree to accept occasional announcements pertaining to NASA related activities or offers via mail or email. Note: NASA does not sell, lend, or give-away any information about any member to sources outside of NASA (except to authorities upon demand) for any commercial purpose. Furthermore, all NASA members agree that any and all video footage and / or still photographs may be held by the NASA administration for certain purposes such as accident investigation.
    In exchange for being allowed entry into a facility or access to any other location where a NASA event is taking place, all members and all attendees at NASA events agree that NASA owns and retains all rights and copyrights to all images and sound recordings obtained at NASA events, captured by any form of recording device, using any media such as (but not limited to) film, magnetic tapes, memory cards, and hard disk drives, unless superseded by written contract.

So I wrote our supplemental rule with this in mind. With that said, as far and as much as I can remember this is simply to keep 1) Really gruesome stuff from wrecks from circling which IMO is good practice and 2) Full on commercial usage without NASA consent, which I believe is standard practice in many businesses. So don’t expect me or my staff to come after your video unless it’s extremely inappropriate, or it’s filmed for non-NASA commercial use beyond the normal uses we all have for our on-board video.

Also, I've got the 2017 Supp regs posted as a news item on nasatx.com and will be sure to include it in our upcoming mass emails...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nasawill View Post
    In exchange for being allowed entry into a facility or access to any other location where a NASA event is taking place, all members and all attendees at NASA events agree that NASA owns and retains all rights and copyrights to all images and sound recordings obtained at NASA events, captured by any form of recording device, using any media such as (but not limited to) film, magnetic tapes, memory cards, and hard disk drives, unless superseded by written contract.
    Not a Texas lawyer, but pretty sure an attendee is not covered by the CCR. Is this language in the regular visitor waiver?

Will, appreciate the feedback - just feels like a shot out of nowhere.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by nasawill View Post
    Hey folks,

Sorry for the confusion here. I wrote the rule based on the Membership terms from the CCR.

From the CCR:
    1.3.2 Membership – Terms and Conditions
    ... All members agree to accept occasional announcements pertaining to NASA related activities or offers via mail or email. Note: NASA does not sell, lend, or give-away any information about any member to sources outside of NASA (except to authorities upon demand) for any commercial purpose. Furthermore, all NASA members agree that any and all video footage and / or still photographs may be held by the NASA administration for certain purposes such as accident investigation.

So I wrote our supplemental rule with this in mind. With that said, as far and as much as I can remember this is simply to keep 1) Really gruesome stuff from wrecks from circling which IMO is good practice and 2) Full on commercial usage without NASA consent, which I believe is standard practice in many businesses. So don’t expect me or my staff to come after your video unless it’s extremely inappropriate, or it’s filmed for non-NASA commercial use beyond the normal uses we all have for our on-board video.

Also, I've got the 2017 Supp regs posted as a news item on nasatx.com and will be sure to include it in our upcoming mass emails...
    Welcome to the forums, thanks for the info.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Not a Texas lawyer, but pretty sure an attendee is not covered by the CCR. Is this language in the regular visitor waiver?

Will, appreciate the feedback - just feels like a shot out of nowhere.
    So I guess all of the several thousand pictures I've taken in the last five or six years
    aren't actually mine. Don't think I've ever signed anything saying I acknowledge or
    agree to those terms. (Sorry, couldn't figure out a way to say that where it doesn't
    come out sounding really snarky). I'm just an amateur photographer trying to
    improve my craft, an occasional mechanic and diehard car guy looking to hang out
    with a great bunch of folks.
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler