Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI or CMC cars in WRL?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I previously ran with a team that had a Fox body in Chump and we had great success. It had was it basically a CMC carb engine. It had a fuel cell, I think 16 gallons and we were running about 1 hour 40 min stints at ECR. It worked perfectly that we did 3 stops during the 7-hour race. We just had to be a little light on the throttle and not rev too high. I drove the entire stint in 4th gear unless I needed to pass someone. I think we were running around 2:13 lap times.
    Came in 2nd on Saturday because one driver ran out of gas entering pit road and got 1st on Sunday.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I previously ran with a team that had a Fox body in Chump and we had great success. It had was it basically a CMC carb engine. It had a fuel cell, I think 16 gallons and we were running about 1 hour 40 min stints at ECR. It worked perfectly that we did 3 stops during the 7-hour race. We just had to be a little light on the throttle and not rev too high. I drove the entire stint in 4th gear unless I needed to pass someone. I think we were running around 2:13 lap times.
    Came in 2nd on Saturday because one driver ran out of gas entering pit road and got 1st on Sunday.
    Good info, I wonder if the ticket to the 5.0 living forever is keeping it under 5k rpm. Maybe a stock cam with gt40p's will put out 260 and you have a cheap and reliable 5.0, power band will be great for low rpm shift points.

Engine Life at RPM
    4500 5542hrs
    5000 3700hrs
    5500 1127hrs
    6000 71hrs
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I had always wanted to try enduro in my hooptie once I got a decent stretch of reliability. I'm wondering if running a spare ECU tuned to run a little leaner (currently runs 12:1 in CMC trim, thinking closer to 12.8:1), less timing, and maybe a throttle stop and staying in 4th gear would be the way to go.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I had always wanted to try enduro in my hooptie once I got a decent stretch of reliability. I'm wondering if running a spare ECU tuned to run a little leaner (currently runs 12:1 in CMC trim, thinking closer to 12.8:1), less timing, and maybe a throttle stop and staying in 4th gear would be the way to go.
    The throttle stop may prevent the engine from entering PE mode, so be mindful of how those 2 play into one another.
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    The throttle stop may prevent the engine from entering PE mode, so be mindful of how those 2 play into one another.
    Yeah it's always a combo of throttle and calculated load and other stuff that I never looked into. Would have to be figured out on the dyno.

Just a loose thought for later, for now I am focused solely on CMC.

Any word on if NASATX will start doing Friday enduros again?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    My guess is that if you could find 20 cars to sign up and run from 1-7pm (or 1-5pm) at a summer event you might get one on the calendar.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Yeah it's always a combo of throttle and calculated load and other stuff that I never looked into. Would have to be figured out on the dyno.

Just a loose thought for later, for now I am focused solely on CMC.

PE engagement is triggered solely by RPM and TPS. There are other tables for spark modifiers, ramp in/out and stuff, but the commanded AFR is in that RPM/TPS table which is an on/off 2D map.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I wished they would run an enduro and I could find someone I could help pay for it and they would let me drive.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I wished they would run an enduro and I could find someone I could help pay for it and they would let me drive.
    Always welcome in the #39. After we add a lot of padding you might be able to stay put.

Pranav, pick an event - Cresson might be too soon, and post it up on the NASA main site. Text Will to make sure you're not stepping on toes and see what concerns/interest he might have. Maybe a Friday 4 hour for TWS?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I know a guy with a car that kicks ass @ enduros.