Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMC Inpound / Tech for 2017 season

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post

Oh, BTW... I watched Hank do some annuals - he has the patience of Job.
    Agreed, Hank is AWESOME. I have told him many times that he is great and his consistent positive attitude is inspirational.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Will you be making this list public?
    Sure, I'll post a list of everything submitted. I will keep the "submitter" private but don't think there is an issue listing what others would like to see inspected.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Sure, I'll post a list of everything submitted.
    Cool.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Sure, I'll post a list of everything submitted.
    I would like to see the list. I believe it would be helpful. On the other hand, I don't really think it should be published. Realistically, "the list" is the CMC rule book. Anything in there is up for checking at any point. A condensed list might be useful, but it implies that anything not on that list is fair game to ignore. I don't think that's the right message to send.

Whatever you do, don't pull a Covini. Todd was a great guy but a bit clueless. Way back when the series was younger, he would put all the driver's names in a hat and pull a couple out to have their hoods sealed and sent to the dyno after the event. Getting sent to the dyno after the event was a huge pain in the ass. I was sent a couple of times and it was always a big scheduling and logistics challenge. But I did think it was good for the series. Power to weight is the cornerstone of our series. Anyway, Todd would do this name selection thing at the Saturday evening party. Great. Now whoever was going to the dyno had Saturday night and all day Sunday to make sure their car would pass before their hood was sealed...

There was also that time at Nationals. In the second day driver's meeting before the qualifying session as the meeting was breaking up, Todd yells out that there would be no inspections after qualifying. There was this pregnant pause as everyone stared at him. Then there was a scramble to get back to the pits to pull ballast and whatever else before the session. It's OK not to tech but it wasn't OK to telegraph that...

Anyway, I would love to know what is going to be teched ahead of time. But I don't think anyone should know ahead of time.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I would like to see the list. I believe it would be helpful. On the other hand, I don't really think it should be published. Realistically, "the list" is the CMC rule book. Anything in there is up for checking at any point. A condensed list might be useful, but it implies that anything not on that list is fair game to ignore. I don't think that's the right message to send.

Whatever you do, don't pull a Covini. Todd was a great guy but a bit clueless. Way back when the series was younger, he would put all the driver's names in a hat and pull a couple out to have their hoods sealed and sent to the dyno after the event. Getting sent to the dyno after the event was a huge pain in the ass. I was sent a couple of times and it was always a big scheduling and logistics challenge. But I did think it was good for the series. Power to weight is the cornerstone of our series. Anyway, Todd would do this name selection thing at the Saturday evening party. Great. Now whoever was going to the dyno had Saturday night and all day Sunday to make sure their car would pass before their hood was sealed...

There was also that time at Nationals. In the second day driver's meeting before the qualifying session as the meeting was breaking up, Todd yells out that there would be no inspections after qualifying. There was this pregnant pause as everyone stared at him. Then there was a scramble to get back to the pits to pull ballast and whatever else before the session. It's OK not to tech but it wasn't OK to telegraph that...

Anyway, I would love to know what is going to be teched ahead of time. But I don't think anyone should know ahead of time.

Richard P.
    Great point, the surprise may help keep people even more honest. The dyno thing has always bothered me, they don't appear to always be consistent, I think Michael said Craig's AI spec car put down 230hp on the dyno?
    I wish we could all get on the same dyno, at the same time, for the certs. Even then the carb guys are in a tough spot as the carbs don't account for the conditions and they may be over/under at any given race. I feel like at NOLA last year Craig was down 20hp.
    To your point on the name selection from a hat, I think it would be better to impound the car in tech, and have a third party literally drive to the dyno if it's on site and run it.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net