Thread: MSRH January 2017 - Vids / Photos / Stories

Threaded View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Overall was a good weekend for #34. I'm still struggling with the art of racecraft in terms of making aggressive yet still safe passes and proper car position to set stuff up. My Enduro days were a bad influence in that most cars didn't fight for position with you. Had a great time with Francis this weekend having him let me try something then shut the door and crush my dreams.

#34 dyno'd strong on Friday then proceeded to run like hammered ass until I discovered we'd left the spout connector unplugged after we re-verified timing following the 3 pulls...Got it plugged in for R2 and the car picked up some laptime and I was pretty excited to finally put it on the podium.

I REALLY appreciate everyone avoiding me in the carousel following the exhaust failure in R3, definitely the most brown suit moment of all my racing career. The exhaust broke behind the X-pipe and acted like a pogo stick of sorts and control was difficult. Unfortunately the fusible link popped trying to restart which left me a sitting duck center track. R4 was a podium repeater with a 3rd place and getting to follow Dan and Tyler around for some lessons in what 2s a lap faster looks like.

Finally, a HUGE thanks to John Martin and Jeff Tilton for the loaner shocks...Really was great with good shocks under the car!

See y'all at Cresson...#34 will be sporting a new side exhaust ��
    Nice job for sure!!!

Good weekend here, car felt better than it ever has from a handling standpoint. Had some issues with the struts moving around on the spindle and it turned out the threads were a little tore up on the M16 bolts. I also had some tire rub, time to put flares on it! Car also appeared to be down on power vs the competition, I might try and hit the dyno again before Cresson, I should have probably just done it at Houston. I was hoping to do a little drag race with Paul from a roll but we never had the chance. My $50 dashcam was fantastic with the exception of the fact that it takes 3 min clips, it was dead reliable and I didn't even have to think about it, now to figure out how to merge the small clips together. Weather was awesome, AI/CMC was awesome as usual, thanks to everyone for another great weekend.
    Last edited by mach1; 01-31-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net