Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cota

So I was just looking at that other racing organization page for their Majors event at COTA. Some differences in the events. No test day.
    2 hour and 10min of completion time per class over 3 days includes practice, qualifying, and racing. $875.00 entry fee $950.00 day o the race. $1400.00 per garage for 3days.
    Last edited by JMR81; 02-20-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Great discussion folks! I know the $$$ is a huge determining factor and I'm so happy that some of y'all are even willing to give it a go. My goal is to put on an event so good that people look forward to it every year. The pricing model will become clear when you guys see the schedule and some more communication from the region in the near future.

-WF
    Will Faules
    Regional Director - NASA Texas

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Yeah I feel ya, might be a one time deal for me too. I paid $850 for COTA a few years ago, this was for 3 days, Friday/Sat/Sun.
    NOLA is a nice place too and I think I paid $280 for the weekend last year.

That being said, this is the nicest track in the country and an absolute pleasure to drive. NASA is in a good position here, supply vs demand and I bet they will fill up every spot even at $1200 because of the hype.
    Hopefully once that dies down the costs will come down a bit but not significantly unless they drop the track rental price.

My math is fuzzy here but I figure group limit of 50 cars, 7 groups, 350 people.
    $420k

Figure 1/2 that many people for the TnT, another $100k.

Track rental was $50k/day last I heard so $150k for that, figure $50k for op expenses,
    $50k in instructor discounts.
    $250k net profit? Maybe we will see reg drop a bit in the future if these numbers are remotely correct.

Also keep in mind this will be the safest event you will likely ever be a part of, that is a huge consideration for me, it could make the difference in life or death, huge runoffs, safe walls if you hit them, etc.
    Hard to put a price on that kind of safety. The "damage" costs are initially off putting, but if you consider a few grand in damage vs a 100k hospital bill + pain and suffering, it's a damn deal.

In the meantime, I am going to call my guy in Columbia and have him ship me some bricks so I can make this happen

a few yrs back they had an 80 car limit on track at the same time.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nasawill View Post
    I know the $$$ is a huge determining factor and I'm so happy that some of y'all are even willing to give it a go.
    And has to be some demand for a National event there.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasawill View Post
    Great discussion folks! I know the $$$ is a huge determining factor and I'm so happy that some of y'all are even willing to give it a go. My goal is to put on an event so good that people look forward to it every year. The pricing model will become clear when you guys see the schedule and some more communication from the region in the near future.

-WF
    I look forward to running at COTA but it's hard to swallow over three times a normal even cost. I know that is not NASA Texas fault but at some point you must think about value. It's had to justify paying more to run one event than to run three.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I look forward to running at COTA but it's hard to swallow over three times a normal even cost. I know that is not NASA Texas fault but at some point you must think about value. It's had to justify paying more to run one event than to run three.

JJ
    No kidding.. I probably would have ran it once for the cool factor, but it is really hard to justify the outrageous cost.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    I'll just wait for Jerry's mandatory in-car camera, as the 24 passes him.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    I'll just wait for Jerry's mandatory in-car camera, as the 24 passes him.
    Randy please lay off the Colorado weed my man. Your trippin.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to make sure I'm in front of the computer at noon to register just in case there is a huge rush. I can grab a garage.

Did we want to coordinate on who gets a garage? So far from this thread I see:

Mosty
    Team Jordan
    Leinart
    Mark

Patel
    Jander
    Gardner
    Records

Tanker
    McSpadden?

Who else?

I am going to be in front of the computer too. I figure the entry slots will go quick based on what Aaron said. Any idea about the garages though? There a lot of them, I would definitely like a 1/4 share in our group.